cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 4.0 Installation - wrong password for <SID>OFR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i get stuck in the phase 2 of SolMan Installation.

The log states:

"CJS-20004 Invalid password.<br>DIAGNOSIS: The password you specified for user 'S01OFR' is wrong.<br>SOLUTION: Enter the correct password."

S01OFR has been created on the i5 and i can logon with default password SAPOFR.

Where is my mistake ?

I did not define a password for S01OFR in SAPINST process.

Can i change it somewhere to the default password ?

Kind regards,

Juergen Scheckelhoff.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I hope you are NOT installing SolMan 4.0, but SolMan 4.0 SR1!

The SR1 kit is pretty nice to install the other one is really not easy.

In the SR1 Kit you are asked for a master-password, which should typically be set to sidofr & sidadm.

might it be, that these users did exist already ?

At least I would try and change it to the master password.

In case of NOT SR1, I would reinstall SR1, because you would be in front of lots of unnecessary problems with patching etc.

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

I am installing SolMan 4.0 SR1.

Your hint to the master password helped me to get the installation successfully restarted, but I am still a little bit confused.

At first I chose a master password with 11 characters, what certainly produced the errors. In that state I was able to logon with sidofr & sidadm accounts on iSeries with their default password SAPOFR. The users did not exist before installation.

After your hint I stopped sapinst and restarted with master password SAPOFR12(not the default password SAPOFR, because 8 characters are required by sapinst).

Now the installation successfully passed phase 2.

But when logging on to iSeries with sidofr & sidadm it still is default password SAPOFR.

Any explanation for that ?

Kind regards,

Jürgen Scheckelhoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

I am installing SolMan 4.0 SR1.

Your hint to the master password helped me to get the installation successfully restarted, but I am still a little bit confused.

At first I chose a master password with 11 characters, what certainly produced the errors. In that state I was able to logon with sidofr & sidadm accounts on iSeries with their default password SAPOFR. The users did not exist before installation.

After your hint I stopped sapinst and restarted with master password SAPOFR12(not the default password SAPOFR, because 8 characters are required by sapinst).

But when logging on to iSeries with sidofr & sidadm it still is default password SAPOFR.

Any explanation for that ?

Kind regards,

Jürgen Scheckelhoff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ralf_buescher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I'm lost. Is the installation still running or did the installation stop at step 37 with an error? (If there is an error what error do you see?)

What about the users? Do the users sidofr and sidadm still have the password SAPOFR (or is it now SAPOFR12)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

I wanted to say that installation continued and I was at phase 37 at the time i wrote the answer. No more errors, installation was still running.

The state of the users is exactly what I answered to Volker:

"After your hint I stopped sapinst and restarted with master password SAPOFR12(not the default password SAPOFR, because 8 characters are required by sapinst).

But when logging on to iSeries with sidofr & sidadm it still is default password SAPOFR."

Regards,

Jürgen Scheckelhoff.

ralf_buescher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

this sounds like a problem with the user creation and password change.

SAPinst checks whether the users are existing or not before it creates new users and changes the passwords to the masterpassword. If there are already users with the password SAPOFR these users will not changed anymore. (The step of the user creation can not successfully repeated by SAPinst.)

My suggestion would be to restart the installation from scratch. (Without a deeper look into the installation directory I'm unsure what aready is created by the installation.) To delete your current installation just use DLTR3SYS (and if necessary DLTR3INST). Make also sure that you have stopped the TMKSVR beforehand and that you are not logged in as S01OFR anymore.

Before you start to install again the system S01 please check if there are still remaining: WRKOBJ S01*

Am I right when I think that your iSeries users cannot have longer passwords than 8 because of your security level? For this as Volker suggested use another masterpassword with length 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

that was exactly what i did. Restart from scratch and using a master password of length 8.

Everything went smoothly from that point on (only some of the errors mentioned in note 927734) and I am currently in phase 37 of 40 in installation procedure.

Regards,

Jürgen Scheckelhoff