cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents are not printed in tray selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I met one problem to print some Spool Orders in one specific tray.

One phisical printer is created twice in SAP :

- one printer for one tray (ex : tray2)

- one printer for the other tray (ex : tray3)

Tray1 is not used.

When i'm printing SmartForms documents, they are printing in the selected tray, but some others documents (ex: SAPScipt documents) are printing to the default tray of the phisical printer but not in one selected.

Did somebody met this problem and succeeded to resolve it, please ?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

François LECOMTE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to notify in the formular SAPSCRIPT-TRAYTEST printer and tray selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello francois

I didn't understand what you mean.

for my problem, I use a normal report (not in a sapscript or smartforms) that is created on an ABAP program.

do you have a solution ?

merci beaucoup et si tu as une meilleur solution, merci de me la transmettre.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can test your printer by using an standard text of SAP.

In Client 000, with transaction so10, you opent the text SAPSCRIPT-TRAYTEST

and print it.

If ok, it should print from every tray one page (+ first page from default tray).

Nice, after that it is confirmed what you already know, the printer is not taken the correct tray.

Only solution : start playing customising the device types. (look for print control type TRY## where ## stands for the tray number).

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Little Add to explain the problem :

Reports are send automatically to the default tray of the phisical printer but not in the tray wanted (ex : tray2).

Best Regards

François LECOMTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi François,

I have 1 suggestion.. for u r problem.

in SPAD u will define the OUTPUT TYPES for the output types we have a option to select-->OUTPUT ATTRIBUTES Tab.. here u can give the Default Tray as you want.in PAPER TRAY(u'll find it bottom of output attribute tab).

I hope u r problem will be solved by changing the output type settings

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the same problem. I'm using normal paper on tray 1 and pre-printed paper on the tray2.

this 2 trays are used correctly by smartforms (first page on tray 2 and other pages on tray 1). but when I want to print normal report, it's printed on the wrong tray. I try to combine all possibilities between the SPAD (on the SAP printer ) and on theprint server directly on the Windows Printer properties without success.

can you please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even printing a simple screen in SAP (print button) gives the same problem. I've the same problem with an HP 2300 DTN laserjet and nothing to do, printing is always on the tray 1 (manual tray), in stead of tray one (even when I change all Trays in Tray Info tab to other paper formats).

(access method C and link to network printer).

Printer definitions : always use tray specified.

But it doesn't work at all.

Kind regards,

H. Trappeniers

Former Member
0 Kudos

just check the printer settings of the sapscript. Mostly the settings must be to a printer and so if the printer has a default tray the documents get printed in the default tray. It all rounds about printer settings within sapscript.