cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have some problems with aplication which was build to retrieve data from SAP boxes. The problem is that when i am tring to connect to some of the SAP boxes i get the error:

Warning: RFC Error Info : Group : 102 Key : RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION Message : Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed Connect_PM GWHOST=xxxxxxxxxx, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=xxxxxxxxxxxx, SYSNR=00 LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host xxxxxxxxxxx / sapgw00 ERROR Gateway not connected to local R/3 TIME Mon Jan 15 13:56:25 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT SAP-Gateway VERSION 2 RC 726 MODULE gwr3cpic.c LINE 5205 COUNTER 2 in

And that's it. The code i am using is working for some of the SAP boxes and for some i get the message above. What can be the solution for this error "ERROR Gateway not connected to local R/3 TIME" as i stucked completely and google doesn't help me very much .

If anyone had similar problem i would be more than happy if you would give me any clue.

Regards,

Filip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same problem using JCO 1.2.8 on one machine and the latest SAP NetWeaver CE Trial Version on another one, both with the latest VC++ 2005 DLLs:

(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=192.168.0.108, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=192.168.0.108, SYSNR=00

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host testing / 3300

ERROR Gateway not connected to local R/3

TIME Sun May 27 22:17:21 2007

RELEASE 710

COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

VERSION 2

RC 726

MODULE gwxxrd.c

LINE 6957

COUNTER 2

Filip, could you solve the issue?

BTW, there is no firewall between the systems.

Any hint would be very valuable.

Thanks,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

As Anton has said the issue was with the name server. I have used diffrent name of the server and everything went cool. Right now if i face such a problem i just change the name or use an ip. In my case i have found that couple of ip take me to the same instance of sap so even when one of the ip give me an error i can just change to the other.

Stephan i recomend you to play with the server names. Cannot help more.

Regards,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMHO this is a firewall problem.

would the firewall settings be correct but the ICF being down you would get a timeout error.

second guess: nameserver problem.

regards,

anton