cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with the adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with the adapter engine...

I have observed this for file and mail adapters...

i have configured a scenario which picks up a file in the DEV box but the file hits the Integration Engine of QAS (I can see the entry populating in the QAS sxmb_moni)

The same happens for the mail server scenario also....

Plz help...

Regards,

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sidharth,

refer to the OSS note :-

#720717 Reduce the number of System Landscape Directories

run through all the checks and tests ,

e.g.,

especially

7) Clear the SLD Cache in the Integration Directory (Taskbar ->

Environment)

and the last section :-

Additional Configuration Step for XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try opening the URL specified in the dev business system, through a browser.

What do you see?

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I have checked uder component monitoring, the intergration engine adapter engine are all under one domain.

and in SLD, Techincal Systems (of type XI)

I can see all the XI components...

say....

XI Integration Server of Dev

XI Integration Server of QAS

XI Domain of Dev

XI Domain of QAS

all these entries are pouplating and grouped based on the techincal system name..

say all domains following one another...

all Integration Servers following one another...

1 thing i have noticed is the domains for these techihcal systems are poroepr but in the application system column i see entries only for QAS box..

and comming to the last check you've suggested, I have checked in the Sender Business system the URL which is being mainted is the DEV box URL only...

Smitha:

I have tried executing the URL in a browser... it goes to the DEV box itself and shows and emplty req recieved message....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth -

<i>>>>and comming to the last check you've suggested, I have checked in the Sender Business system the URL which is being mainted is the DEV box URL only...</i>

It's not a URL. It's the <i>Related Integration Server</i> parameter for the sender Business System system details in the SLD.

<i>>>>1 thing i have noticed is the domains for these techihcal systems are poroepr but in the application system column i see entries only for QAS box..</i>

You should see entries for your DEV XI components as well. This is a problem, but can't say that it's the actual cause of your issue.

There's a Note (764176) that deals with SLD content inconsistencies. If you decide to implement the steps in the Note, if your production XI uses the same SLD, take <b>extra care</b> that you only perform the steps in the Note relevant to your DEV XI.

BTW, I don't recall if you confirmed that your Exchange Profile settings looked ok.

Regards,

Jin

Message was edited by:

Jin Shin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try another thing. Go to SE37 on your DEV XI box and execute LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS. Put in BS of your configured sender system and enter 'X' for BYPASSING_CACHE.

Which Integration Server URL does it point to?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I have executed the same....(LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS)

it points to the Int Server URL of DEV Box....

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the transaction SLDAPICUST as well.

Check the file adapter configurations and sender/reciever business systems details as well if the transport targets in QA are appropriate.Check the same steps in the QA box as well.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation check that out to cross verify your SLD.Is your SLD single instance shared by your XI dev and XI qas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

I have checked the same

the Business systems are pointing to the correct Intergration Server only....

I have also checked with the SLDAPICUST transaction....

We are using a single SLD for the for all the systems DEV QAS and PRD...

Plz help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth -

Couple of checks:

1. In your RWB Component Monitoring, under Domain->Integration Server, do all the components (Integration Engine, Adapter Engine, etc.), especially Adapter Engine show a consistent domain? For example:

Integration Engine <SID> (or Hostname)

Adapter Engine <SID> (or Hostname)

2. In SLD, Technical Landscape, then Technical System Type (Exchange Infrastructure), do all your XI components line up per Domain (you'll have 3 sets since you use a single SLD)?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth -

Another check - for your sender business system, in the SLD, which Integration Server (parameter Related Integration Server) do you have configured? Make sure it's your DEV IS and not your QA one.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the business system of XI in the SLD, you are pointing to the URL of the wrong XI system.

Restar the J2EE after you changed the URL.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya...

As u said i exectued sldcheck it shows the correct url for the IE engine there..

and also in sxmb_adm in IE Configuration also points to the correct url..

Sandro: I even checked for the Business System in SLD it also shows the correct url there...

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Check your XI domain in SLD

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double chech in the runtime workbench of XI DEV, in the message monitoring of the adapter endigine, in the log of the message that went in QAS: verify if the message really was posted to the URL of QAS.

If yes, verify in the SLD and in the exchangeProfile the URLs.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandro,

I have checked in RWB, i can see the message in Message monitoring when I select the adapter engine but when i select Integration Engine i dont see the message.

It is hopping to IE of the QAS system after it has reached the adapter engine pf DEV

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the XI business/Technical system SLD details and also check SLDCHECK tcode if it is getting the right system over there.

Also counter check sxmb_adm->inetgration engine configuration as well.