cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade of liveCache version 7.5.00.37

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just upgraded liveCache 7.4.00.41 to 7.5.00.37 (running on 32-bit Windows 2003) on our Sandbox system. This has completed successfully, but i would now like to try downgrading it (to prove to the project that we do have a tested backout plan). I cannot seem to find any oss notes/documentation that states the exact step-by-step process for reverting back to the previous version (i.e. 7.4.00.41).

I have found documentation on de-installing the database instance and the s/w, but i'm looking for the process and confirmation that i can just replace the s/w, without having to de-install the DB instance.

Has anyone done this before, and if so, what are the steps they would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

Regards,

Sean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwath,

Thanks for your reply. It still doesn't answer my question though. What are the options then for backing out this upgrade? Do i have to just stop the liveCache instance and then restore the s/w and database from a backup prior to the upgrade?

Regards,

Sean.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

you indeed have to remove the newer database software, reinstall the old software and recover the db using a backup made prior to the upgrade.

As my colleague Ashwath already told you, the above is needed, because of structural differences between the two versions, you wouldn't be able to just reinstall the old software and use the db in the newer state.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

it's not possible to downgrade the liveCache version and build like you describe. There are many changes involved in the upgrade from 7.4 to 7.5, so the data (which is now in 7.5 format) won't work with a 7.4 instance.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never came across this senerio but why to u check the control panel -> add remove program and see whether there is a seperate component as MAX upgrade 7.5.00 and if so then delete the upgrade from there but not sure how much is will work or open a call to SAP.

Cheers

Arun