cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Failed: Export error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to do an assembly and it fails at the step Export. SC has no broken DCs. When I check the details:

Step Returncode

Check-assembly assembled

Repository-export assembled

CBS-assembly assembled

Export Assembly failed

It asks me to check a log file: /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/log/MAINT01_C@JD0/MAINT01_C@JD0200701150842200486Export.log

but there's no such file. Instead there's a file /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/log/MAINT01_C@JD0/MAINT01_C@JD0200701150842200486 which is a serialized java class. And obviously I cant make out anything from it.

Anyone has any idea? Is there atleast a way to "clear" the assembly queue? Because any subsequent activities seem to be stuck at the assembly stage.

I'm supposed to be transporting into Prod environment and I'm stuck here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rajit Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check file permissions on the server and free disk space for CBS to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do update this if you find a solution. I am also doing the same(riase issue with SAP). Seeing different error messages the more I work to solve this issue.

regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The issue I had was because a user (jdi admin user) on the user did not "own" the necessary files (no write permissions) and hence couldnt assemble (create a new archive) and CBS failed to produce logs too. Also, freeing up space helped too (awarded you points for that).

I discarded OSS message to SAP.

Regards,

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajit,

Your message i guess does not contain the actual error been displayed. On the other hand can you check the space avialable in the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/assembled/ directory. One of the common errors is enough space not been avialable in the directory when assembling the code. I doubt if this might be a space issue ( NWDI does not ask to "check the log" in case of space issues though) . But no harm in cross checking.

regards

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the response. I didnot paste any error message because there is no error message I could find in the log. All I could find in the log directory was a serialized file which "matched" the name where the actual log supposed to have been.

I dont remember seeing any assembled directory in /usr/sap/JTrans folder, but I'll check the disk space anyways.

The more I keep trying to assemble, its a different error everytime. So I'll be logging an OSS note for that.

Thanks again,

Rajit