cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Type-Group element as an alternative to Table type for passing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can we use Type-Group element as an alternative to Table type for passing internal table from Print prog to Smartform ?

If yes , how do i achieve that ?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to declare variables in the Form interface node of

the Smartform, with user-defined data types that don't exist in the ABAP

dictionary? By default only the basic data types or data types defined in

the ABAP dictionary are only recognized in this node. But there has to be

some other way existing to achieve this functionality without needing to

create a structure or a table type in the Dictionary.

If anyone knows this, can you please help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

Jaman

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Directly use the type group table type as the type for passing the internal table between the print program and the smart form.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Type-Groups are not recognised as a global object in the form interface of Smartform but works fine in the Global setting ->Initialization or in program lines code .

Any sugestions will be welcome .

Thanks & Regards

Jaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i'll tell u by <b>EXample.. suppose u have in inter nal talbe with MATNR VKORG VTWEG SPATR VBELN EBELN...</b> there are all from differnt table you don't have a structure in data dictionary.. but still you want to use the above internal table to send data form u r print program to u r samrt form interface...

Rember 1 thing when eve r u r passing some structure into SMARTFORM through FOTM INTERFACE,.. u shold have a Diction type .. other wise it ownt recognise thie type u have...

<b>The Solutions is</b>

goto se11--> create a strcture using the above filed... (<b>u can use this structure in form interface to refer on Structures but not fot TABLE</b>)

but our requirement is to pass the internal table---> so agin you have to create a table type(not table) for this ><b> goto se11>select radio button DATA TYPE..--> give name > press create>select the -->table type radiobu</b>tton.. now

give description--then in the LINETYPE give the structure name u have already created in the Previous type.. Ur problem will be solved..

Now using this STRUXCTURE u can pass single record to the SMATFORM..

using the TABLE TYPE u can pass the TABLE to FORMINTERFACE.

<b>

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved</b>

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naresh

I have used Structures & table Types extensively ..but probably u didnt read my question ....The question is as follows...

By default only the basic data types or data types defined in

the ABAP dictionary are only recognized in Form Interface of Smartform. But there has to be some other way (<b>avoid creating Structures / table types for passing internal table data to Smartform from driver program</b>) to achieve this functionality without needing to create a structure or a table type in the Dictionary.

Hope i have conveyed my question to you all proper english ....

Regards

jaman

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ok.. im sorry..

<b>i don't think there is a way..</b> if u got the solution please post the solution here..

I know u r trying for this since long time..

Smart form interface will recognise the dictionary fields only.

Message was edited by:

Naresh Reddy

Answers (0)