cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to transport XI objects (IR initially) from Quality to production. We are using file system for this. So a .tpz file is generated from in quality and imported into production. Our requirement is we do not want to transport all the repository objects(different namespaces in same SWCV) together, to start with we want only few of them. So when i select a particular namespace in quality for exporting, a tpz file is created however when i try importing this file to prod, i see all the namespaces along with the one i had selected..

We have created similar Product and SWCV in Prod as in QA. And its empty. Can any one tell me why all the namespaces are getting transported instead of only the ones that i selected?? and is there any other way of doing it??

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

just selsct the option "All objects of Individual namespaces" while transporting and proceed further.

Do not worry if you find the other namespaces too only the objects of the corresponding namespace will be imported.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand -

<i>>>>So when i select a particular namespace in quality for exporting, a tpz file is created however when i try importing this file to prod, i see all the namespaces along with the one i had selected..</i>

As Sandro states, this is currently the normal behavior/result when exporting the objects within an individual namespace. I'm not intimate with the code behind it, but my guess is that it's because when exporting even a single namespace, the associated SWCV gets exported as well, and the SWCV defintiion contains all the namespaces. But again, only <i>objects</i> within the selected namespace get exported. If objects other than those in the chosen namespace get exported, that would be a bug.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about transport of SWCV at SLD or at the repository level.

If at SLD level, all namespaces will be created by default.

If at repository level, you would have to choose the "All objects of a particular namespace" checkbox, in the tools->export menu as mentioned by Bhavesh.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

When exporting your objects, you will have an option that will state " All objects of an Indvidual namespace" . Did you select this when you tried your export?

Regards

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While exporting, how are u exporting ? Namespace level or SWC level.

Try out namespace level and import the same. So u will get required namespace.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You see also the namesakes that you haven't namespaces, but if you look inside you will not find any object.

This is a normal and correct behavior, and this is caused from the fact that the SWCV contain that namespaces anyway.

I suggest you to proceed with your transports without problem.

Regards,

Sandro