cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Updating BP Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to update some basic data from a BP using a BAPI (BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE) calling it from a .NET application using a web reference set to that bapi.

First I download the BP data using BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_GETDETAIL and I receive the data ok.

The I modify it and save it using BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE, but the BP doesn't get updated. No return nor error message is received.

This is the Code:

Centraldata = Omosap1.BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_GETDETAIL("0000300744", Communicationnotesnonaddress, E_Maildatanonaddress, Faxdatanonaddress, Pagaddressdatanonaddress, _

Prtaddressdatanonaddress, Return0, Rfcaddressdatanonaddress, Rmladdressdatanonaddress, Ssfaddressdatanonaddress, _

Telefondatanonaddress, Teletexdatanonaddress, Telexdatanonaddress, Uriaddressdatanonaddress, X400addressdatanonaddress, _

Centraldatagroup, Centraldataorganization, Centraldataperson)

Centraldata.SEARCHTERM1 = "PRUEBAWSDL"

Centraldatax.SEARCHTERM1 = "X"

Centraldata.CENTRALBLOCK = ""

Centraldatax.CENTRALBLOCK = "X"

Centraldataorganization.NAME1 = "PROBANDO"

Centraldataorganizationx.NAME1 = "X"

Omosap1.BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE("0000313085", Centraldata, Centraldatagroup, Centraldatagroupx, Centraldataorganization, Centraldataorganizationx, Centraldataperson, Centraldatapersonx, _

Centraldatax, Communicationnotesnonaddress, Communicationnotesnonaddressx, E_Maildatanonaddress, E_Maildatanonaddressx, Faxdatanonaddress, Faxdatanonaddressx, Pagaddressdatanonaddress, Pagaddressdatanonaddressx, _

Prtaddressdatanonaddress, Prtaddressdatanonaddressx, Return0, Rfcaddressdatanonaddress, Rfcaddressdatanonaddressx, Rmladdressdatanonaddress, Rmladdressdatanonaddressx, Ssfaddressdatanonaddress, Ssfaddressdatanonaddressx, _

Telefondatanonaddress, Telefondatanonaddressx, Teletexdatanonaddress, Teletexdatanonaddressx, Telexdatanonaddress, Telexdatanonaddressx, Uriaddressdatanonaddress, Uriaddressdatanonaddressx, X400addressdatanonaddress, X400addressdatanonaddressx)

Using the .NET Connector the same code modifies the BP data ok...

Anyone can put some light on this?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be that the Bapi needs a CommitWork to be effective. Note that BAPI_COMMIT_WORK needs to be called in the same session. In case of the Soap processort you have to use the correct "SessionMode" querry string parameter. See the C# sample that is available on the SoapProcessor's page on service.sap.com/connectors for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the BAPI document, an application must call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT method to explicitly commit the change to the database after calling BAPIs that change data in the R/3 System.

Regards,

Guangwei