cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I earn these points honestly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

(Warning, cultural reference follows...)

Dear Abby

Recently I replied to a forum member's post /message/2935883#2935883 [original link is broken] and provided an answer, with which I was awarded some points.

I now find out that this person works for the same company as myself. The recent "morality" post plus earlier posts have made it clear that this process is frowned upon.

Should I ask the forum moderator to remove the points? As the company is SAP, is it accepted that we are likely to inadvertently award points to our coworkers, or do most forum members mark the "ignore SAP employees" flag when checking to see where they score on the hot parade?

Signed

Confused Down Under (and, please, no comments about the name!)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In my opinion, you did earn the points. SAP does not show on the top companies list anyway, so what would be the point in 'getting bent out of shape' about it.

Now if the two of you were sitting next to each other at the office, then maybe this would be a different story.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually what is frowned upon is those using coworkers to "game" the system - honestly helping each other is something completely different.