cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with ftp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am doing File To File Scenario with BPM. In the BPM i used jdbc adapter to get data from database, after getting data i need to put it on ftp server using receiver file adapter, due to some reasons our ftp server is not working properly so i switched to NFS(transfer protocol)

and after coming file to file system i used one bat file as commandline attribute in receiver adapter, in that bat i wrote a script to put this file on ftp server, every thing is working fine.

but my problem is if due to some reasons(like network connections, authentication problems etc..) script unable to put file on ftp, i have to send an email to sender or receiver

how can i handle this one? can any one please help me, thanks in advance

---Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your XI server and your file to file Sceneario are in the same machine,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ur script will execute ? before message processing or after message processing ?

Try out configuring Adapter alerts and check does this help ?

One more option, is sending a mail from the script itself. i,e in the script write a logic to handle these errors like Connection Failure, etc. In general cases, this error handling will be done in the shell script itself

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, if you can fix the ftp problem that would be ideal, but if you cannot fix it for some reason, then in our previous project our admin guys used a software called Control-M from BMC software for running those scripts and generating alerts in case of failures. I dont know whether you wanna go buy another software or not but its just a suggestion.

But ideal situation would be fixing ur ftp problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must to have the control of the whole process in order to trigger alerts, for instance when the message mapping or the FTP transport fails.

In order to have the control on the whole process you must to use the standard FTP in the CC, instead of an external script.

My first suggestion is to solve the past problem regarding the standard FTP functionality and use it instead of the external script.

In this way you will be able to trap the error with a rule in the alert configuration of the runtime workbench and than send automatically a notification e-mail for the error.

If you want or need to maintain the external script, you can extend id in order to detect FTP failure and that call the function module <b>SALERT_CREATE</b> in XI with the OS command

<b>startrfc</b>.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/dc/6b7f8a43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm">Documentation for startrfc on help.sap.com</a>

Regards,

Sandro