cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Execution level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO users .....

I have one doubt on how to make a macro execute at only one particular level. i.e.the most detailed level. The macro ( which is a default maco )should not get executed on an aggregated level for even one characteristic. i.e. Even if the user data selection is at any level in the interactive planning book.... What it should do actually is Drill down for all characteristics on the detailed levels and execute itself rather than executing at a higher level and then performing disaggregation and thus screwing up the existing data at the detailed levels.

What I am planning to do is use a Drill down functions in the macro for all the characteristics and then perform the desired clculations. I hope it works... Any ideas .... since I am going to work on Production server I just want to confirm the validity of my approach before going ahead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always check whether is view is at aggregation level using AGG_LEVEL function. Eg. AGG_LEVEL( '9ALOCNO' ) = 1 , indicates that the current view is not at the detailed level for Location characteristics. You “OR” to combine with the other characteristics you have in the planning object structure. We have also faced a similar issue. We solved using a background job which executes the macro at the detailed level.

-Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dude ....

That solves half of my problem for some macros ... But what if I have to execute the macro even if the user is at the aggregated level in the interactive planning book but only after getting drilled down for each and every characteristic. By this I want to prevent the untouched data from getting disaggagregated to lower levels when the macro is executed at a higher level. I am planning to use Drill_Down() function on each characteristics before performing the calculations. By this way I suppose the data at the detailed levels will remain the same as it was before the macro execution for those period buckets which the user didnt touch at all before executing the macro.

I hope drill_down() works !