cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error when configured sender mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

When i tried configuring sender mail adapter am getting these logs in Runtime workbench.

In ID,when i gave ip address in place of URL, am getting this log

"exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: unexpected password response; read -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."

When i gave URL in place of URL, am getting this log

"exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.UnknownHostException:"

why is it giving this log, What correction i have to do to make it work.

Thanks in advance,

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the error has changed.

If I do any change in adapter configuration and activate, it is picking the mail and giving error as

“com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException thrown during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_mailtofile_: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation”

This is the error it is giving for the first time.

Then after that it starts giving “No receiver could be determined” for further messages in SXMB_MONI.

I checked receiver determination, it is correct.

why is it giving such errors.

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try checking the entire scenario by using the Test configuration tool (Tools->Test configuration) that is provided in the Integration Directory.

Also, retest your message mapping in your integration repository.

Have you provided the correct source and target message types?

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the sender mail adapter is working , it reads the mail and am getting as file in ftp. I tried both pop3, imap both are working , i dint specify anywhere to delete mails after reading. Once if it read and convert the mail as file ,it is deleting the mail in inbox automatically. Atlast my inbox is empty now.

1.How to stop deleting mails.

2.How to do mapping for an attachment,what additional things i have to do for this.

3.Is there any option to change the flag of mail once it is read by XI.

Thanks to all,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1.How to stop deleting mails.</i>

When the IMAP4 protocol is used, we get an option "Delete messages when read".You could specify if you need to delete it or not.

<i>2.How to do mapping for an attachment,what additional things i have to do for this.</i>

Could you please elaborate?

<i>3.Is there any option to change the flag of mail once it is read by XI.</i>

You cannot do this from XI. You would need to do it in your email client. In case you are using IMAP4,you could mark the message as read, once XI reads the unread message.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. when i used pop3 or imap i dint specify anywhere to delete message once read,

even then once if it reads the mail, it is deleting the mail.How to stop XI from deleting once it read.

2. The requirement is to read the attachment of the mail, validate it and atlast saving the data in R/3. Now i can able to read the content of mail not the attachment. So how to read and validate the data inside attachment.

3. If i use IMAP4 which option i have to choose to mark as read once XI reads it.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sakthi,

Refer to the blog /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii for the section mail adapter.

You have every info that you require for the mail adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my consern please check with server access autharizations becouse if you don't have that specific autharizations respective sever also we are getting the error. and one more thing can you check with your user id and passwords also.

thanks

Prabhakar

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out the URL of the mail exchange server etc, for the connfiguration etc , u can see this case study-https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Also check this SAP note- 856599

Rgds,

Moorthy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

your user / password for mail server access given in communication channel is not valid.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Username and password what i have given is correct.

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check the following blogs:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/07/email-reporting

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/08/email-report-as-attachment-excelword

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

regards