cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components required for sending Email from SAP [Kernel Release 46D]?

varunchop
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody please tell me the components and the Configuration settings required for sending Emails from SAP system[Kernel Release 46D] to the mail server[Win NT] using SMTP.

From note 455127, I understood that "Sap Internet Mail Gateway" is required and there are other settings to be done. (SAPconnect with RFC can only be used as the Kernel version is 46D)

It will be great if somebody can explain me in simple steps if He/She has done this before.

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

to send mail from 46D you will need to configure the Internet Mail Gateway:

All steps to configure this is described in SAP note:#99965

Um diese Möglichkeit verwenden zu können brauchen Sie den sendmail configuriert zu haben.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the configuration of sendmail is described in SAP note:

Or try visiting the webpage: http://www.sendmail.org/

Best regards,

Dezso

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varunchop
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso,

Thanks for the reply. I have already gone through that. According to the note We need to install Internet mail Gateway and SENDMAIl program.

We had installed Internet mail Gateway, but we don't know about the configuration of SENDMAIL program, If somebody can help me on that, it would be great.

Thanks,

Varun

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Varun,

sendmail comes with UNIX OS, there are versions of sendmail programs available for Windows too, but i guess you have to purchase them.

Another alternative is a discontinued product called SAP Exchange connector, if you have a Windows environment and MS Exchange server as your mail server, you could use a SAP exchange connector and get your SAP Email config done.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is also free sendmail implementations to windows. If you have windows check: http://www.ntsendmail.com

Best regards,

Dezso

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool... but for my company, I would rather go for something that has support !

But its cool that there is a free NT sendmail.

Regards,

Siddhesh