Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Infoset Queries to Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read some delivered documention of how to assign SAP Query User Groups to Roles as opposed to utilizing the assignment of users to SAP Query Group. This documentation implies that you can assign an Infoset to a Query Group and then some how assign the Query Group to a role. Then by the assignment of the role to the user they would have access to the Infoset with the additional authorization of S_Query.

I cannot determine how you assign the Query Group to a role. There is a option in the role menu in the Add reports to define a Query and a User Group and then it genterates a transaction but this is not what I am looking for.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

What transaction do you need to be in for the InfoSet: Initial Screen? In SQ02 I do not see a button Role/User Group Assignment, there is only the User Group Assignment button.

Thanks

Lesley

0 Kudos

Hi,

T-Code SQ02 is right.

We do get the option of Role/Group Assignment along with

Change, Create, Display and Description.

Please check once more.

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soma

I have the option of User Group Assignment along with

Change, Create, Display and Description.

What version of SAP do you use?

Thanks

Lesley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lesley,

If iam not wrong, do u mean how to give a user access to a Infoset Query created through SQ01? if this is your question than follow the below mentioned procedure:

There are two ways:

1) In PFCG add transactions SQ01, SM30

SQ01->s_query(Auth Object)>ACTVT-->23(Maintain)

SM30->s_tabu_dis>ACTVT-->03

DICBERCLS----> * (or give the Authorization group of the table on which the query was built on)

Generate the role ana assign it to user. Now the user will be able to access the Infoset Query.

2) In PFCG Menu->Reports->SAP Query--->user Group -

> mention the user group to which the Infoset Query belongs to.

And also add transactions:

SQ01->s_query(Auth Object)>ACTVT-->23(Maintain)

SM30->s_tabu_dis>ACTVT-->03

DICBERCLS----> * (or give the Authorization group of the table on which the query was built on)

Generate the role ana assign it to user. Now the user will be able to access the Infoset Query.

Hope this solves your purpose, If so please award points.

Thank You

Regards

Santosh