cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching off alerting in SP18 XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In SP18 - I find that alerts start getting generated on their own - i.e without running any SAP program as a background job -

Now , if I want to stop these alerts being generated temporarily - what is the underlying SAP program that is running background that needs to be stopped to achieve this - I do not want to delete the alert rules that I have and recreate them all over again - at a later point in time .

In other words, how do we switch on and switch off alerting in SP18 ? Correct answers will be rewarded rightaway.

Karthik.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its difficult to control at the process level since they stop all alerts not only your alerts. Best way is, just disable/deactivate your alert rules.

--Archana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.M -

Don't have to delete the alert rule(s). Just de-activate them. There's a checkbox for this.

Regards.

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin

Thanks for pointing me to deactivating feature of the alert rules -

I was also wanting to know what is the SAP std program name that is running in background to make this alerts generation possible out of the box in SP18 -

The reason I ask is that - in SP13, we had made a Z* version of the the SAP program- sxmsprocess_alert_data_get program inorder to make a call to a Webservice to records alerts in a central place . I am wondering what is the equivalent program in SP18 to achieve this functionality ? I am not finding any SAP std program to copy from to achieve this functionality

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no background job that needs to be scheduled.

From SP14 onwards, XI alerting has been decoupled from End to End monitoring and no background job needs to be scheduled. Please look into note : 870232 for more info.

Like pointed by Jin, make the alerts rules deactive and your alerts will not be triggerd.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>>I am wondering what is the equivalent program in SP18 to achieve this functionality ?</i>

Sorry, don't have a good answer... if you can't get assistance for this within the forum, your only recourse would be via a SAP customer message.

Regards,

Jin