cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Repository is sometimes confusing on transaction tab

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I am Using SOLAR01. While creating scenarios and especially business processes by using BPR content, sometimes no transactions are listed in transactions TAB for a business process, but transactions are listed in business process steps. And in contrast sometimes the transactions are listed on Business process level and missing in Business process steps. This is confusing.

We are using SOLMAN 4.0 with ST-ICO-150 content.

An ECC6 system is assigned to project.

For example:

I choose as scenario 'Procurement and Logistics execution process for ERP' from standard BPR content.

System provides me a huge list of Business Processes.

I activate Business process 'Outbound process with WM' and goto Transactions tab. I see no transactions. But Process steps are included like 'Create Delivery' and on steps level there are transactions listed.

Same thing with most of the business processes in this standard BPR derived scenario.

Another example in contrast (for same BPR derived scenario):

I activate Business process 'Purchase Requisition with Service Directories' and goto Transactions tab. I see MANY transactions. Process steps are included like 'Release purchase requisition' and on steps level there are NO transactions listed.

In fact, the cases when transactions are available on Business process level have 'Execute' icon before the BP name in the structure tree on left-hand side area.

Can somebody explain me, why transactions from BPR content are assigned sometimes on BP level and sometimes on BP step level. In my opinion they should be on both levels. BP level should contain all transactions and BP step level only those transaction relevant for that step.

BR: Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kimmo,

We are using the BPR content to develop process flows using ARIS for NetWeaver. Our experience is very similar to yours, to the extent that we hired an SAP consultant to help us map transactions back down to the process steps.

In the end, the value of the BPR is diminished if the transactions are not properly mapped to the process steps. We have found very few SAP experts who are even aware of the BPR (this includes actual SAP staff), but all are familiar with the transactions required to run the software. For an architect looking to have business processes designed with referenced objects the BPR is invaluable. How I long for the days of the ASAP R/3 reference model!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh, You wouldn't say that if you were in charge of maintaining the Q&A Database my friend, hope all is well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you map back from the transaction (tcode) to the BP step? Did you manually search thru the BPR? I was hoping to download an exploded BPR (with transactions) into excel and then just seach on transaction codes. Will this work?