Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDDI is there any way related to XI

vuyyurujyothi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While reading about SOAP Adapter, I came across through UDDI.

Is UDDI related to XI anyway?

Will it be used in XI in any form?

I need to know this as part of one presentation. Please help me and Tuesday is the last date for the presentation.

Thanking you all in advance for your help

Jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to have your own webservices registered. UDDI is one of the place where you can do it. Apart from this no.

regards

vijaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyothi.

Once you are done with your interface you can publish the WSDL in a T-model in UDDI registery that is set up on the J2EE stack of SAP XI.

Please read up both the blogs that clearly explain how you have to go forward.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check those two by Naveen

XI : How To publish WSDL generated from XI to UDDI

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

WebAS : A step by step guide for Configuring UDDI registry on Local Server

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/16/webas-a-step-by-step-guide-for-configuring-uddi-registry-on-local-server

Regards,

michal

vuyyurujyothi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for giving good information.

By seeing those blogs I observed that WAS provides UDDI registry.

Can we implement the UDDI concept in XI ?

In Recevier Determination can we dynamically confirgure receivers based on UDDI concept?

Thanks,

Jyoths.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>By seeing those blogs I observed that WAS provides UDDI registry.

Can we implement the UDDI concept in XI ?</i>

XI Runs on WAS and so , yes, you can use UDDI registry to publish your WSDL into the UDDI registry!

><i>In Recevier Determination can we dynamically confirgure receivers based on UDDI concept?</i>

Not sure I follow this requirement! Can you explain further. The way I see this, UDDI and Receiver Determination are not related in any ways! But, if you can explain further as to what your requirement is, one can understand the requirement better!

Regards

Bhavesh

vuyyurujyothi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My doubt is, how to access the registered WSDL from XI?

What I thought is the Web Service here is acted as Business service, and thought of specifying the Business service in Receiver Determination.

Please clarify me.

Thanks,

Jyoths

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a WSDL for your Message Interface in XI, you are exposing your Interface as a webservice in XI so that an external application can trigger the call to XI.

If you are looking at invoking a webservice from XI , then you will improt the WSDL in your Integration Repository in XI.

><i>What I thought is the Web Service here is acted as Business service, and thought of specifying the Business service in Receiver Determination.</i>

Sorry still not sure if I follow this.

Regards

Bhavesh