cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO and Mac OS X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there are a couple of threads out there about this but i'm still not sure if there is or isn't a version of JCO that will run on Mac OS X on the Intel. Please could someone clarify this for me. If one isn't available, does anyone know when one is expected?

Tim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has released JCo 3.0 which now supports Apple MAC OS Intel 64bit (Versions: 10.4, 10.5) or MAC OS Intel 32bit machines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That doesn't say anything about the Intel version. I'm also interested in knowing whether there is a version of JCO available for the Intel based Macs.

lorenzo_nicora2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there any news about an intel version of sapjco for mac osx? Does anyone knows if we can expect it to be release in a near future?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Francesco. Any chance you could provide me with the text of this note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 766185 - Installation guide for standalone SAP Java connector

- Apple Mac OS X, Version 10.3.1

There is only one distribution package available for running JCo in a 32-bit PowerPC G3/G4 or a 64-bit PowerPC G5 processor.

To install JCo for Apple Mac OS X copy the distribution package sapjco-darwin-xxx.tgz into an arbitrary directory {sapjco-install-path}. Next, change to the installation directory:

cd {sapjco-install-path} [return]

and extract the archive:

gunzip sapjco-darwin*.tgz [return]

tar xvf sapjco-darwin*.tar [return]

Then add {sapjco-install-path} to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable

Finally, add {sapjco-install-path}/sapjco.jar to your CLASSPATH environment variable.

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to have a look to Note 766185 - Installation guide for standalone SAP Java connector.

Hope this help

Francesco