cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run JAVA netweaver2004s and ADS 7.0 together with ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

A customer wants Interactive forms, he is now on a ecc 5.0 release with WAS 640.

A scenario to built needs dynamic functionality which is only possible in a netweaver2004s rel.

Can I upgrade these separatedly? So ecc 5.0 together with netweaver2004s?

Please advise

regards'

Harrie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

unforunatelly it is not supported to mix different Netweaver releases. So to ECC 5.0 you will have to use an ADS on J2EE 640. (NW04).

Best regards,

Dezso

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harrie

if you check <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/938748">SAP Note 938748</a>, you'll see that dynamic PDF is possible as of NW04 SPS 17.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

But not the dynamic table? Or is it?

Regards

Harrie

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the dynamic table will work.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

Have a good weekend!

Harrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Still got one question to ask, responding to it will be very helpfull.

I am a little bit confused getting the big picture about IF and releases.

For example I read in a teched 2005 presentation that a new feature in 2004s is that there is a dynamic possibity added, to expand the form dynamically.

The note that you advised. Is that a later development which make it possible to also have this functionality in netweaver2004/WAS 6.40? And I am now developing in ADOBE designer 7.1. Will that also work in ecc.50 and 640.

It is very important that I know this because we have a customer who wants this functionality. I already build it in netweaver2004s.

The form I want to build is a kind of internal orderform based on several material groups. Each material group represends a dynmic table, because the materialgroup can easily be expanded with a new material.

Because there is no abap webdynpro functionality I want to create this scenario with SFP. So when the form is started, SAP collects the materials and binds them to the specific dynamic tables. That is why I have to be sure this scenario will work when I import the support pack in the note. The transfer back to SAP I will program it by myself.

What I also would expect that I have to upgrade de ADS also to the netweaver basis pack, but I miss it in the note. It would be obviously that also the ADS have to cope with the dynamic expanding of the tables.

A lot of questions but it answering these would be a great help!

Again thanks.

Harrie

Message was edited by:

Harrie Prinsen

Hi Markus,

could you please respond to my question? Because I need this information on a short term.

Again thanks

Harrie