cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of profile parameter in authorization object S_DATASET.

lode_couplez2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to grant a program access to the SAP work directory. In order to implement a generic solution across our system landscape, I tried the value <P=DIR_HOME> in the authorization object S_DATASET but this doesn't work.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Lode

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

lode_couplez2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I got an answer from SAP. Parameter substitution is not supported in authorizations.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lode,

That's what i had suggested earlier, that do not change S_DATASET using the parameter, instead you should provide direct file paths.

Regards,

Siddhesh

lode_couplez2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

DIR_HOME points to /usr/sap/D01/DVEBMGS00/work. So I used "&ltP=DIR_HOME&gt/*" in S_DATASET (substitute &lt, &gt by angle brackets) but it doesn't work!

Regards,

Lode

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not modify the S_DATASET Object, use the table SPTH and specify your work directory directly into the PATH field.

as explained in the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/eb3d69358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh

lode_couplez2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I realise that my question was not very clear. Some words seem to have dissappeared in my message.

When I add the value "/usr/sap/D01/DVEBMGS00/work/*" to S_DATASET it works, however when I use the profile parameter DIR_HOME, it doesn't. There seems to be a problem with parameter substitution.

"<P=DIR_HOME>/*"

Regards,

Lode

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DIR_HOME should point to only one directory , providing '' in the end instructs the system that choose all directories inside the work directory, so DIR_HOME should be set to /usr/sap/D01/DVEBMGS00/work/ only, the '' should be ommited.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lode,

The R/3 System automatically performs the following checks in operations with sequential files:

-It checks the authorization object S_DATASET to see whether the current

program may access the specified file.

-It checks in table SPTH to see whether the specified file is registered for file access from ABAP. Table SPTH also allows you to check the user’s authorization.

Check this link its interesting to find out , how it internally works, maybe this could be what is hampering your operations:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/eb3d4f358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh