Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning while building Scenario 2 example...Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Am working on Scenario 2 and while building I get this warning:

<b>Jan 12, 2007 7:08:39 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] WARNING: tax/calc: built with warnings india.rapidigm.com/tax/calc(india.rapidigm.com_APPLICATION_1_1) in variant "default" (10.062 sec) :<i>The Build finished successfully with warnings</i></b>

On checking the details of this error I could only see a Warning against stmt:

<b>Preparing data context..

No 'default' JDK defined, will use running VM.

Warning: Duplicate context definition for 'dc_location': 'EPT_APPL_D'

Data context prepared in 0.047 seconds.</b>

Please help me understand this.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

the DC build is an interesting chain of events: a Java library executes a Velocity macro to create an Ant build file that is then executed.

"Preparing data context" means the Java library part is setting up the Velocity context, i.e. the "variables" or objects available to the velocity macro during its execution.

"No default JDK": On CBS you can define multiple JDK_HOME_PATH_KEYS pointing to different JDK versions. While the build itself is always executed with the "BUILD_TOOL_VM" the Java compiler can be forked to a specific version (depending on build-options configured for the compartment). In the JDK_HOME_PATH_KEYS you can also define a 'default' JDK which will be used by all builds on that CBS if no specific build options are defined.

"Warning: duplicate context definition": The velocity context element 'dc_location' is defined and then redefined. Since this is something in the build plugin there is probably nothing you can do about it. From what I've seen the message may be specific for a certain DC type.

"Data context prepared..": At least defining things twice doesn't seem to take much time. I suspect it's basically just setting up some data in a HashMap or something similar.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Firstly thank you for all your explanation

Its very nice & informative.

Wanted to know where can I find all such similar kinda information.....

Awaitng Reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

well, taking a close look at what happens during build and at what is contained in SAP_BUILDT helps if you have been busy with Ant and other build technologies before...

Pestering SAP employees can also be helpful and some info is gathered from CSN messages. I'm not sure if there is an official documentation for this or where to find one. The JDK settings are briefly explained in the documentation for setting build-options in CMS...

So for now asking here on SDN (and verifying that the answers are correct) is probably the only way.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply....I was really waiting to hear from you

Your a life saver ......

Warm Regards,

Ritu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

can you tell me how the name of the java liberary is, which executes a Velocity macro to create an Ant build file.

Thank you and best regards.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

I'm not sure what you mean with "name", but maybe I was using the term in a rather loose sense. If you look at SAP_BUILDT there are several DCs that contain Jar files that are part of the build, the core library seems to consist of tc/bi/framework, tc/bi/core and tc/bi/util. The other DCs contain more specialized stuff and of course Jars for Ant and velocity. But there's also some parts of the build infrastructure that are part of either CBS or NWDS (e.g. the com.sap.tc.build eclipse plugin).

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marc.

You are the best :).

Best Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

I found the tc/bi/framework and i found the tc/bi/util but the tc/bi/core was not there. Have you any idea where i can found the core.

I search i this structure.

\sap.com\tc\bi

Thank you for your Help.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

6.40 or 7.00? I think the tc/bi/core DC only exists in 7.00.

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't want to underestimate you, but if you want to setup your own build I doubt that you'll succeed. The whole thing is rather tied to the environment.

If you download the CE1.1 sneak preview IDE here from SDN there are some Ant tasks contained in eclipse/tools/ that can be used to trigger a DC build from Ant, maybe that's what you're looking for?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marc,

I think it's enough information for me.

I tried to understand the build process in the nwdi better.

But it is not so easy i have thougt.

I would like to now the class which call the velocity macro?

When you have an idea please let me know this.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

well, core in 7.00 contains a class named VelocityRunner, but there's also a DefaultVeloBuildFileAction and a VelocityBuildStepCreator and if you look at the .bpfext files with their definitions for <build-steps> then it's probably not that easy.

Just think about it: how does the data required for executing a velocity template into the context? There are several classes with Context in their name...

Also if you look at the .bpfext file of the core DC there are several steps that reference some macro file:

<step name="prebuild" type="default">

<configuration macro-file="prebuild.vm" build-file="prebuild.xml"/>

</step>

<step name="build" type="default">

<configuration macro-file="build.vm" build-file="build.xml"/>

</step>

<step name="postbuild" type="default">

<configuration macro-file="postbuild.vm" build-file="postbuild.xml"/>

</step>

So effectively I would assume that the build plugins might invoke velocity multiple times...

Regards,

Marc