cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Link error in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cProjects, when i try to enter an object link to the R/3 material it gives me a following error -

System error Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter occurred in the source system for object type R/3 Project Definition.

Please help me out in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Go to IMG Settings (SPRO) -> Connection to External Systems -> Object Links in SAP Systems -> Make Settings for the Linked SAP Objects

Select the particular object that you have to make an object link to. Click on Details button. Make sure you have maintained the name of the RFC destination in the field "Destination".

To make the RFC Destination go to transaction SM59 and create an R/3 type of RFC to the system you have to get the data from. Make sure that the user ID you use has the appropriate authorization for RFC (S_RFC).

If things do not work out with that, try givin auth for MM transactions like MM02/MM03 to the RFC User.

Generally RFC users should be communication users and not dialog users.

Regards,

Reema.

Pl award points to all useful answers and close the thread if your query is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error got solved.

The actual problem was with the RFC connection. The user id and password set in the logon/security tab of SM59 transaction was incorrect.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like pure authorization issue. Check with user ID with SAP_ALL authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Please update as how and where do i check the authorizations.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please first check in "Connection to external systems" under cProjects if you have entered the source system correctly and also check under SM59 transaction if the RFC connection has been defined for that system. Also in the project please check under Authorization if you have been assigned authorization for the project.