cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic DTR Client creation...Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Am working on NW2004s. While working on NWDI I notifced that a DTR client automatically gets created having name kinda similar to the tracks that are imported.

Example:

I have a track named APPL_dev. The automatic DTR client created is named as EPT_APPL_D where,

EPT is SID

Question

1. Is this behavior normal? If yes, does it mean that I should access a track using its associated client?

2. Does '<b>D</b>' stand for development...<i>seems like but I dont wanna assume</i>.....

Please help me understand.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

in addition to Sidharts reply:

EPT should be the CMS domain, not necessarily a SID (unless they are equal).

1. yes, and if you should access the track using the client depends on what you want to do. For normal development you should work in the Development Configuration perspective and the perspective that is relevant for your project types. There you would see the "APPL_dev" configuration, not the client itself.

If you need to do DTR operations then you should use that client, although for some operations on DTR a "general" client (not specific to a configuration) is more useful. (E.g. if you want to delete DCs).

2. Also yes. If you import the "APPL_cons" configuration you should get an EPT_APPL_C client.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

1. Yes this is normal behaviour. No need to change it.

2. Yes D is for dev.

Regards

Sidharth