cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping in the adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

There was been alot of writing about value mapping in many different ways.

But I have not been able to find help about doing the lookup in the adapter module.

Has anyone tried this?

Regards Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Did you find any solution on this, I recently came across same scenario and were thinking of similar solution, Did you came across any problem with the solution.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol.

The question was posted more than 7 years ago, so I'm sad to say, that I don't really remember

Without being absolutely sure, I think it was solved with an extended receiver determination, but again. I can't really remember.

Hope you find a solution.

Best Regards...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sending one link please go through that link it is very help full.We need to install Netweaver Development Studio to work on this Module processor.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/02706f11-0d01-0010-e5ae-ac25e74c...

Thanks

Prabhakar..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

can you try this

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

I did not try it but maybe it works with modules too

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael.

I can see my question wasn't formulated quite the way it was supposed to be:)

So here goes again!

I have a table located in the XI server, where I use ABAP mapping to do the lookup. The values from the lookup defines where the message should go. Because 70% of the messages (200.000+ messages a day) are thrown away, it would be nice to spare the server from this load. My plan was to do the lookup from the adapter, and route the message based on the content(in most cases nowhere)!

Hope someone can help!

Regards Peter

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you can perfrom a RFC Lookup, but, from an Adapter Module, you would need to use the concept of JRA to do the same.

Amol Joshi has described how he called the Alerts RFC from the adapter module in these blogs and you can apply the same logic for your case as well to trigger the RFC from your module, get the data and then do the needful.

/people/amol.joshi2/blog/2006/11/27/alerts-from-adapter-modules--the-jra-way

/people/amol.joshi2/blog/2006/11/28/alerts-from-adapter-modules--the-jra-way-part-ii

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you thought about accessing the table by plain JDBC without using the look up API?

Regards

Stefan