cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a File to Multiple destination folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with a File to File scenario. My requirement is One file (.xml) need to be send to different file locations (say 3 different locations at same time). I would like to use only one File service for this. Briefly this scenario will be One Sender to Multiple Receivers (multiple destination folders in this case).

For this, I need to create 3 Receiver Communication channels and 1(one) Sender Communication channel

(OR)

Is there any possibility to use the Advance Mode (Check box option) in Receiver Channel to provide multiple destination folders (say 3) location/paths etc.

(OR)

Is there any option to work with Receiver Determination?

Can someone please suggest the solution for above requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

as far as I understood, these three files are the same, i.e. at the end of the Integration scenario there are three copies of a file.

So if the folders are on the same machine, you could add an os-operation after executing the message. You can add an os-operation in your receiver communication channel to copy the file twice (I don't know the exact name of the field in english, as I'm working on a german GUI, but it is near the end of the GUI above adapter state).

Regards,

Torsten

Message was edited by:

Torsten Engel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to maintain only one CC, then AFAIK the only choice you have is to either write an OS command to put the file in other folders also.

Or once the file is written in the folder, run a shell script to copy the file to other folder.

To be on the safer side if you don't have a lot of file replication you might as well use multiple CC. this is only from future Maintenance of the system

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten Engel,

My scenario requirement is I need to send one File (say .xml file) to different destination folders. After the file got transformed, the transformed (i.e output) file (i.e also .xml file) need to copied in all the destination folders.(similar to multiple receivers). I think, as you suggested by Copying the file option may not work for my scenario.. as my file need to be send to multiple destination folders (say for example 100 destination folders), then in that case copy option may not suitable. It won't be efficient solution by using copy option 100 times.

Thanks.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I would like to use 3 Receiver Communication Channels to send 3 different locations by using only One File Service.

As you had mentioned in your reply, being a beginner to XI.. I don't know how to use the option of AFAIK. Could you please give the steps where i need to do this.. which can resolve my issue.

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Then there is one solution.In Repository create 3 Message types ( 3 different names) for same output structure.Create 3 Message Interface Out of these 3 Message type.

Then in ID create 3 receiver agreement using these Message Interface .

This way you can do with single Receiver service and Single Receiver determination.( of course 3 communication channels)

note : AFAIK means 'As Far as I Know'

Bipin

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sree,

Just once again read the reply given by Krishna Moorthy... and that will clear all your doubt..

<i>>>One Sender File

3 Receiever File Communication Channels with one Receiver Determintaion, 3 receiver agreement</i>

This option will suit you...

How to do is :

Initial

a)Click the File Service and go to receiver tab. Then add all the three receiver Interfaces there.

b)Click the Sender Service and add the single Sender Interface on the sender tab.

c) Create a Sender Communication channel and three receiver Communication channel.

d) Then do these:

1) Create a Sender Agreemnet

2) Create a Receiver Determination (Between Sender Service and Your File Service)

3) Create <b>three</b> different Interface Determination.

<b>First</b> : Between Sender Service, Sender Interface and File Service, <b>Receiver Interface1</b>

<b>Second</b> : Between Sender Service, Sender Interface and File Service, <b>Receiver Interface2</b>

<b>Third</b> : Between Sender Service, Sender Interface and File Service, <b>Receiver Interface3</b>

4. Create the Three Receiver Agreements

<b>First</b> : Sender Service and File Service, Receiver Interface1

<b>Second</b> : Sender Service and File Service, Receiver Interface2

<b>Third</b> : Sender Service and File Service, Receiver Interface3

Hope everything is clear now

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you so much for your clear explanation with steps.

I had tried as you had mentioned.. like creating 3 Receiver Communication channels, Three (3) different Interface Determination..etc steps.

After activate, and provided the input file. It is working only for One communication channel i.e for example CC_FirstReceiverChannel. So the file was succssfully sent to Only One destination folder i.e C:/Out1.(for example if i had 3 different destination folders like C:/Out1, C:/Out2, C:/Out3 etc).

Could you please suggest how to resolve that issue.. which is not sending files to other Two folders.

Thank you for your time.

..Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree -

This will work as Suraj described. Keys are 3 different inbound interface names, 3 receiver agreements specifying 3 different channels in Interface Determination.

What do you see in SXMB_MONI? Any errors? You should see a line with double black arrow indicating a message branch with 3 child messages (in addition to your three individual message lines). Perhaps a couple are in error.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I had tried as Suraj described. But file is sending to only One destination folder.

I had checked in SXMB_MONI. Message was successful. But there are no child messages in that message.

I also checked with Adapter Monitor (File option). All the 3 Receiver Communication channels were shown as in 'Green' color. Still I could not able to find, where it was gone wrong.. i.e why the file was not sent to other two destination folders.

Thanks.

..Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to confirm your configuration, when you look at your Receiver Determination screen, you have one receiver (corresponding to your file system) specified. At the bottom of this screen (still Receiver Determination), you have <b>3 entries</b> for the 3 inbound interfaces and receiver agreements, correct?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

You have to use 3 receiver services and one sender service.

In your receiver determination list all 3 receiver services.

Regards,

Reddy P

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RWB>Message Monitoring>Message Display Tool and Audit Log.. check the messages.

Check out the receiver agreements? all are active ? all 3 receiver communication channels shows the status green ??? and tells u that, message has been processed etc?

Try to activate the Receiver determination etc again and check it

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option1 :

One Sender File

3 Receiever File Communication Channels with one Receiver Determintaion, 3 receiver agreement

Option2:

One Sender Channel

If you have multiple Receiver Business Services, then 3 receiver determinations, 3 channels.

Option3 :

With BPM ( not to prefer)

rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have:

One Sender communication channel

Three Receiver communication channels

One Sender Agreement

Three Receiver Agreements

One Receiver Determination where you add the three receivers

One interface mapping

--Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for providing the solution.

I have created 3 Receiver Communication channels. But I am using only One File Service (by name MY_FileService) for this. So after creating the Second Receiver Agreement, alert message box was shown with the message as " Object already exists ".

In my scenario, I would like to continue to use the same File Service for both sender and receiver (i.e by name MY_FileService).

So in this case, is there any alternative method to create other Two(2) Receiver agreements. Could you please suggest any solution regarding this issue.

Thanks

..Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

You need to create 3 receiver Determinations,3 Interface determinations,3 Receiver agreements for which you need to configure 3 receiver File adapeters(communication channels) and 1 sender agreement( Configure 1 sender File adapter).

Hope this blog may help you to create a one generic file adapter but I never tried it.

<a href="http:///people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter:///people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need only one receiver determination with 3 receivers. As well only one generic interface determination.

Regards,

Udo