cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .Net Connector 2.0.1 and .Net Framework 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are still suffering from the type mismatch error described in thread 217488. This related to the SAP .NET Connector only supporting the Microsoft Framework 1.1.

Firstly, the Framework 2.0 is much stricter than Framework 1.1 about type conversions. Therefore, converting a string to a number may fail in 2.0 even if the string is numeric.

We have thought carefully about this issue and we feel that the following would resolve the problem however this must be done by SAP themselves.

Step 1 – Load up the SAP .NET Connector project into VS2005 (VS will automatically upgrade the projects for you from older versions)

Step 2 – Fix any type conversion errors which are reported by the compiler

Step 3 – Recompile the project and release a version for Framework 2.0

Alternatively, if SAP really doesn't have the resources or will to release a version which is compatible with Framework 2.0 then simply fix the original 2003 code to remove the type conversion issue and recompile this version. It is only necessary to carry out steps 1 and 2 to find the lines of offending code.

Therefore the fix is very simple and any competent developer could do this. Does anyone on the SAP development team agree with this viewpoint (or strongly disagree it is simple to fix)?

The future support of SAP .Net Connector is very important to our company, as we cannot develop (nor market) our certified product further without this fix. We also want to go for full "Powered by NetWeaver" certification, but again the lack of a fully supported version of SAP .Net connector is holding this up. The product we sell is an important component of the SAP Mill Products solution with Trim Optimization (we are an ISV in this area), and as far as I know is the only certified product in this area, so I would also think it is important to SAP to resolve this issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris Brookes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

i do not represent SAP.

i do support you in spirit to request SAP to speed the development of NCo & PDK.NET, add in new features and make life simpler for the developers and users of these products.

i have been on many a receiving end of help from Reiner, Offer, Andre, Rima and the rest of team. and to show my appreciation i am now trying to contribute in terms of answering a few questions here [hopefully something useful] and to support the community of our peers.

but it is their perogative as to decide when to do what [it is their product )] and to be quite honest with you, i do feel that the team and it's support is focussing towards getting NCo a popular methodology for Portals, and accessing SAP data.

I have created a new thread for "Features we want from NCo related SAP Products"

i invite you to have the first say for the new features list, i will add my requests subsequently. please use it to request for any new features you can dream about, i'm sure the program manager will be able to use it constructively and we all code happily ever after [and even have one of those things called 'a life' which eludes most SAP developers, and the rest of humanity keeps talikng about ) ] ...

with respect,

amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thank you for the reward points.

i hope you can fill in the thread created as a result of the gap you have pointed out.

with respect,

amit