cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i had a doubt regarding status profile .i know that satus profile is assigned to sales doc type and iem category.but i want toknow for what business process it is used for.and how to control status profile in sales order.and what is user status and how we control.if anybosy knows please let me know.

thanks in advance

Regards

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikanth,

<b>Status profile</b>

A status profile is a combination of user statuses and rules that can be defined by the user. You define status profiles in Customizing.

Within a status profile, you can:

Define user statuses and document their functions using a corresponding long text

Assign a status number to a user status. This status number specifies in what sequence the system runs through the user statuses

Define an initial status that is automatically set when an object is created

Specify that a user status is automatically set when you execute a business transaction

Allow or forbid specific transactions when a status is active

Define a business transaction that is automatically executed when you set the user status.

A user status is a status that you set, that you can create as additional information to the existing system status. You define user statuses in a status profile. This is created in Customizing for business transactions. You can define and activate as many user statuses as you wish. A status profile can then be assigned to the following in Customizing for business transactions:

To a transaction type (for header status)

To item categories (for item status)

A status profile can be assigned to several transaction types and item categories.

To maintain a status profile in Customizing for business transactions, go to the implementation guide and choose Customer Relationship Management Transactions Basic Settings Status Management Define Status Profile for User Status.

Also check the link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm30/helpdata/en/73/29943a7acb9023e10000000a114084/content.htm

Pl. Reward if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status profile gives you the option to set up your own status management.

Example:

You want pricing for a certain sales order type to be checked before billing is possible. You can do this by specifying that the document automatically receives a self-defined status which prevents billing.

Steps:

Define a status profile

Assign statuses to the status Profile

Determine for each status whether it is to be set automatically or manually when creating the document.

Define for the status which business functions should be suppressed or at least accompanied by a warning message.

In the end, assign the status profile to a document type or an item category, for which status management should be active.

Also check this link for complete set-up

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/dd/560643545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm">Status Profile</a>

Regards,

Gauravjit

Reward points if the solution is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gaurav...

can you guide me on how to set the status automatically or manually...

i am stuck at this...

regards

baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

i want to know why what is the purpose of putting status profile in order type nd item category.what is user status.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The status profile is just to give information on the sales doc and not much to do with business process as such.

Thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

You are talking about Status profile in the Context of what? could you eloborate or give what is the exact requirement?

Regards

Srini