cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Fire plug from DoInit() of Interface View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one DC of Web Dynpro type and declared it as a PP. In another DC (main), I make use of this as Used DC.

I added the Used DC component in the usedwebdynpro components (Lifecycle: createOnDemand).

The interface view of the Used DC has been added to the Window of the main DC.

This window has a viewset with two cells.

I am trying to fire an outbound plug of the interface view, to invoke an action lying in the main DC (to display a view of the main DC).

When I try to fire the outbound plug in the action of a combo box or button of the interface view, the firing takes place. But when fire takes place on the doInit(), it fails and throws an error saying "instance of interface view does not exist".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Karthik,

the wdDoInit() hook method is invoked by the Web Dynpro Java Runtime <b>before</b> the embeded/visible component instance is actually being created. This means wdDoInit() is not the "best" hook method to implement this navigation logic.

You should fire navigation plugs from within the root component interface view controller (onPlugDefault) or delegate from there to the component controller.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertram,

Thanks for your immediate response. I found that the DoInit() method is not suit for navigation.That's why i wrote the navigation part in the onPlugDefault()...it didn't raise the error but the fired view is not visible. Anything wrong??.

Thanks and Regards

Karthik

Answers (0)