cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic character format in smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I have a problem using dynamic character format. I have a table in a smartform, this table has a TLINE structure and contains formatted text.

Let's say that an entry of this TLINE table has the following TDLINE field:

"This is a <H>short text</> line"

The field contains a text with both normal and bold characters. In the smartform I have a text where I have the following parameter:

&IT_TLINE-TDLINE&

This is inside a loop and thus I write the whole text. BUT (yes, here's the problem) what I get in the spool order is "This is a <H>short text</> line". I can't get the words "short text" in bold.

Any sugestions would be very well received.

More data about this.

I am using a 'Z' style in which i have defined the 'H' character format as bold (size 11). However I keep getting the text I said.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicent,

In SAPScript you define the format of characters like you have it. The end should be </>.

Ex. This is a <H>short text</> line

In Smartforms you select the field/characters you want changed and then set it with Character Formats drop down just above the text box.

Some other ideas also wtih formating.

&SYMBOL& No formatting

&SYMBOL+4& Offset - Output begins here. Offset refers to formatted value

&SYMBOL(5)& Length - Output data in the specified length

&SYMBOL(I)& Suppress initial value - If the field has been initialized, nothing is output

&SYMBOL(Z)& Suppress leading zeros

&SYMBOL(C)& Compress blank spaces - Consecutice spaces are compressed into a single space. Leading spacesare suppressed.

&SYMBOL(R)& Right align output

&SYMBOL(S)& Operators are suppressed

&SYMBOL(*)& Dictionary length - The data length is defined by the ABAP dictionary

&SYMBOL(8.2)& Decimal format. Length 8 decimals 2

&'text1'SYMBOL'text2'& Text can be inserted before and after the symbol

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Marius

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry about that,

On the post the back slash does not show on my side between the end brackets. May be something wrong with my browser.

Regards,

Marius

Answers (0)