Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating new users with Structural Authorisations assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to implement structural authorisations for our HR department. Currently we are only limiting for Qualification Catalogues (QK). I have set up the profiles no problem. I then set up a test user, via PFCG and assign one of our HR roles to it. Then I assign the structural authorisaton profile via OOSB, no problems here.

However, when I log in with this test user, it appears that the structural authorisatons aren't working, because when i go to display the training catalogues via OOQA, nothing appears. The profiles are definitely working as when my colleague sets up a test user in the exact same way, his test user can display the training catalogues, which are restricted according to the structural authorisaton profile.

So, my question is: Are there any settings / special authorisations for actually creating users and assigning them structural authorisaton profiles (bar PFCG and OOSB of course)?

There is nothing coming up in the trace or SU53 for my test user, and also nothing coming up for me in the trace or SU53 when i am setting the user up both in PFCG and OOSB. This was working before for me (a few months ago) but something must have changed in the meantime!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is quite strange, because when i logged on to a different PC I was able to set up the test user, then log in with the test user and they were restricted as expected. This can hardly be PC related can it???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be a long shot but have you considered context-based structurals?