cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Username automatically in MI as username?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to get the Windows Username and print this one in MI in the username field of logon screen?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But there is no parameter where I can set the Username of MI?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

the MI client on Win32 systems is started via the file startup.bat. If you open it, you can see that MI is started via the Java class <b>com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup</b> with the parameter <b>"-home:%ME_HOME%"</b>.

To directly login a user you can add the parameter <b>-logon:USERNAME:PASSWORD</b>. If you add <b>%USERNAME%</b> as the username, this will be replaced with the Windows user.

The drawback of this is that if you only specify ther username and no password, or if the username/password combination is not correct, you end up with an empty login screen. And of course it is a security risk to write the password in a text file.

So I don't know if that really helps you, but as Karthik said, there is no other solution.

Best Regards, alex

---

alexander ilg

msc mobile

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

When I add the parameter as you suggest:

-Duse.repository=noDB com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup "-home:%ME_HOME%" "-login:%USERNAME%"

The windows username will not popup in de MI login screen.

Can you help me out?

Thank you in advance.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

please see my previous post:

<i>The drawback of this is that if you only specify the username and no password, or if the username/password combination is not correct, you end up with an empty login screen.</i>.

The username only is not possible ...

Best Regards, alex

---

alexander ilg

msc mobile

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

The first name and last name shown of the user profile in the middleware (Tranasaction SU01) is what will be assigned to the client. There is a parameter in the client called <i><b>MobileEngine.Sync.LongUserName</b></i> which is set to the value received from the server. Both the parameter and the corresponding value can be seen in <username>.uconfig file in the settings folder of the MI client. So the only option you have is to change the profile in the middleware. Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

MI provides no API to get the Windows username to the MI logon screen. So this cannot be done.

Best Regards,

Karthik