cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning UI Elements in different views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created different views. Each of them shows name - value (Label - TextField) pairs. The UI elements reside in a Group with GridLayout (4 cols). Inside each view, all the labels and TextFields are aligned horizontally (as it should in a Grid Layout).

My problem is that in my composition views (those are composed of combinations of my name-value-views), there is no "inter-view" horizontal alignment of the UI elements (Labels & TexFields).

Do I have to abandon reusability of my name-value-views only because of this? That would be really not-great. I'd really like all the Labels and Textfields to be "inter-view" aligned.

Any known solution/work around?

Thanks a lot,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

with the next major release, this topic will be adressed by a new kind of layout. In the meanwhile, I guess you have a very hard time achieving this feature. You could set a fixed width e.g. on the first cell of every column in each of your four views, but that will lead to problems when the texts length changes due to translation etc.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about a view set..

that there are 4 views in a view set and u need to align the elements of each view from the window perspective.

You can go inside every view and change the properties...