cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI: File2IDoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing File to Idoc scenario using XI.In SLD i have defined two business systems(one for file system as sender and other for R/3 system as receiver)in SLD.

For sender system i have given some logical system name and for receiver business system i have given logical system name which i have defined in R/3 system.

Design and configure phase are working properly as i have tested.

but in message monitoring i am getting errors for following cases:

1) when logical system for sender and receiver system defined in SLD are same, error while monitoring is "Message has error status at outbound side" is coming.

2) when logical system for sender and receiver business system are different(for receiver i have defined logical system same as defined in R/3 and for sender it is some logical name which is not related to R/3) than IDoc is sent successfully but at R/3, in transaction BD87, error "EDI partner profile not available" is coming. and it is coming for logical system of "sender" which i think is nowhere relevant to R/3.

Can someone tell me what i should do to complete the scenario? It would be helpful...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

What you have done in option 2 is absoultely correct.

You need a few setting in R3 to get it working.

1. In BD54 in your R3 system, create a Logical System same as the one you have defined for the Sender Business System in XI 's SLD.

2. In we20, create a partner profile entry for this Logical system name with an Inbound entry for the Idoc you are sending with the corresponding processing code/ function module and it will work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

if i wil define a logical system of R/3 same as for business system of sender, than what i should with logical system of business system of receiver which is using WebAS ABAP as technical system where i have given the logical system name of R/3.

there can b two business system assigned for single client, right??

can u clarify me for this??

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>i]there can b two business system assigned for single client, right??</i>

No. A business system can be associated with one and only one client of a technical system.

>i] than what i should with logical system of business system of receiver which is using WebAS ABAP as technical system where i have given the logical system name of R/3.</i>

The Logical system name of the Receiver will be the logical system name of your R3 system. When the Idoc reaches the target system , it will validate the Receiver Logical system and then search for the Corresponding ibound entry for the Idoc with the sender partner name ( sender logical system )

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

let us clear the scene which i have understood.

I have one XML file. now i want to send that to other system of client 110 whose logical system is LS110.

so what logical system should b for sender system and for receiver business system?

As my receiver system is ABAP system so i have assigned the client 110 with logical name to one technical system, to which my receiver business system points?

so that logical system i cant point to sender business system?

Please correct me if i am wrong?

tell me by an example, it will b very helpful for me as i am beginner in XI..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You will be having a Logical system for your file client. Lets callit LSfile

2. One logical system for client 100. LS100

3. One business system for client 100. BS100 add LS100 as logical system for that client.

4. One Business system/Business service for file. BSfile. Add LSfile to this BS.

In the SAP client 100. add both LS, LS100 and LSfile. For the Lsfile, inbound parameters add your IDoc and process code.

Regards

vijaya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to consider two different clients.

LS and clients for sender and receiver should be different.

As bhavesh has mentioned u cannot have the same business system assigned to two different clients.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

just adding to Bhavesh's rply

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

u need to maitain an inbound entry in parter profile in R/3 system for the file system.

regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally you'll give different logical system names for the sender and receiver to identify them. Actually for the file input you can avoid giving the logical system name completely.

Check the IDOC data which is going into SAP. "EDI partner profile not found message generally you'll get if the partner profile has not been setup tp receive this message type. Check your partner profile configuration once.

--Archana