cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing SAP 4.7 using Oracle on windows 2000 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am installing 4.7 SAP R/3 SR1 Server on Windows 2000 SP4. The installation of Oracle DB, Patch for Oracle 9.2.0.2.1, and Central instance were successful.

The Database instance fails at phase 16 of 34 (DB creation) with the following error message

WARNING 2007-01-11 11:10:49

Execution of the command "C:\oracle\RQ8\920/bin/oradim -NEW -SID RQ8 -STARTMODE manual -SRVCSTART system" finished with return code 35. Output: DIM-00035: You have entered and invalid option for the -EDIT command

ERROR 2007-01-11 11:10:49

CJS-00095 Error return code.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Return code 35 of executable C:\oracle\RQ8\920/bin/oradim indicates an error.<br>SOLUTION: See log file oradim.log for details.

The content of oradim.log is:

DIM-00035: You have entered and invalid option for the -EDIT command

I have reviewed all the install notes, tried to upgrade to 9.2.0.4.1, and repeated the install several times but nothing works.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all...use the latest software...9.2.0.8 is ready for download

then - if this doesn't work either - you should try to create the db instance by hand using oradim (try not to use options startmod and srvstart...)

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Proably should post the output of that log for use to read...the path to the oradim command looks fishy but we'd need to see the full log...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi I am also getting the same error. Do i need to install Oracle client 9.2? If so, do i need to choose different path or folder to install?

Thanks in Advance.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi geeks..

i am having some Data in SAP 4.6 C and here Oracle 8i is the database instance .

Now i am installing 4.7 E in another system and i want to use the same database (4.6 C)where all of my data is there and i hv to use the Oracle 9i this time.

Can i directly copy the database directly from 4.6 C and give the path while installing 4.7 E

Whether this will work here ???

Pls let me know the solution for this.......

Solution will be rewarded..

Thanks in Advance,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, you have to upgrade 4.6 to 4.7

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

is tat without starting SAP service can v able 2 upgrade tat system...

is tat anytool is there 4 tat...pls reply immediately..

Thanks in Advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

what's tat?

please use clear and simple english in whole sentences....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

add last comment. Found the problem is because of oracle version of client and Db. SAP asked for client 10.X but Db is 9.X

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If you are problem is solved, you should mark your question answered.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing the oracle database its asking for the client 10 and the oracle I have installed in 9.x. I found the edit command passed is not valid which creating the problem. Moreover I was downloading and installing X200 unlike to my requirement of previous kernel version. I have download X110 now and there is no conflict of client and Db version of Oracle. Things working good. Thanks for your answers , it gives me some hint to find this.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Have you installed the oracle client ?

Regards,

Siddhesh