cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP ADAPTER - ACL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Was there any result on that scenario we discussed in our last mail ?

Can you please shed some light on the ACL. I 'm using HTTP adpater in a web application, I want to restrict user accessing the integration server. I know it is possible with ACL where we can assign user to the sender agreement - Assigned user list.

My question is

1. Is that the userID is the Network ID or webuser ID ?

2. Assigning the user Id in the Assigned User list, is that all we have to do ?

3. Do we need to configure something on the administration tool for this ACL ?

Thanks

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>Was there any result on that scenario we discussed in our last mail ?</i>

which mail are you talking about? You mean thread? If yes, please post the thread here.

You assign the user in both the sender agreement , and to your Sender Business System / Business Service. Double click on your Business System / Service, you will find the tab "Assigned Users" and here give the user id.

Likewise in your sender agreement, you will find the tab Assigned User . Add the user id here as well.!

><i>1.Is that the userID is the Network ID or webuser ID ?</i>

This will be a user id registered on your XI server with role XI_APPL_USER. It can be a service user id or a log on user id. On production it is service user id's.

><i>2. Assigning the user Id in the Assigned User list, is that all we have to do ?</i>

yep, like I mentioned above add the user id, to the Business system and sender agreement!

><i>3.Do we need to configure something on the administration tool for this ACL ?

</i>

Nothing needed.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply. Do we have to append the querystring of the URL with this userID while making a call to HTTP adapter. Can you pls brief on that.

While accessing the Integration server, will there be a pop window for entering this username and password ?

Thanks

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to that,

Do I have to register my network ID to the XI server with "XI_APPL_USER" Role ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you looked into the HTTP Client code? It is quite flexible. If you want you can have a pop up , else add the user id and password to the Query String! Anything can do!

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Adding to that,

>

> Do I have to register my network ID to the XI server

> with "XI_APPL_USER" Role ?

Not sure I follow this.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>>Do we have to append the querystring of the URL with this userID while making a call to HTTP adapter. Can you pls brief on that.</i>

You can find sample HTTP client code in this thread: /message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]

<i>>>>Do I have to register my network ID to the XI server with "XI_APPL_USER" Role ?</i>

No, for the ACL to kick in, you simply add the user(s) (i.e. the user ids) you want to allow in the <i>Assigned Users</i> tab of either the Sender Service (Business System or Business Service) or the Sender Agreement. The user ids you add to the Assigned Users tab are users that were created and maintained in the XI ABAP user store (i.e. SU01). The role typically assigned for these users is <i>SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER</i>.

<i>XIAPPLUSER</i> is an example <b>user</b> you can initially test with (XI_APPL_USER is not a role by the way).

Regards,

Jin