cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Supported software for DR implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in a Windows 2K3 / MS-SQL environments running SAP ECC 5.0 (only ABAP systems). It's a typical three system configuration: DEV, QAS, & PRD (clustered w/ MSCS).

Now we're planning for deploying the DR solution. We plan to deploy the DR solution at the remote location w/ approximately 100 miles between primary and DR sites.

The DR solutions have been considered Data Replication via SAN technology, SQL Logs Shipping, or utilize DR software like DoubleTake or DBShadow. I know DBShadow is certified and supported by SAP, which I am in more favorable with.

The original plan is to replicate the database using log shipping via SAN technology or software like DBShadow. The PRD at the primary site still be clustered w/ MSCS and the DR site will be configured w/ a stand-alone server as Hot Standby Server.

Now, the second request is to also have the Hot Standby System from the DR site clustering w/ MSCS. Would anyone know if such installation is supported and any suggestion on DR software in addition to DBShadow & SAN technology?

Any hints would be very appreciated and look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Franc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

SQL Log shipping is a easy to use simple setup , I had implemented log shipping and it worked flawlessly.

What you can do is,

*Install MSSQL on target server

*Install a central instance on the target server with SID same as the production server

*Restore production database on target server.

*Create a shared directory and provide permission to Source server.

*Schedule periodic Log backup and ensure mechanism to copy logs work.

*ensure the Database is consistent with the production

Do a test if possible on a 6 monthly basis

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thank you for your reply...I have always recommended SQL Log Shipping which is the mst ease solution. But sometimes diff client diff requirements...when you try to save them $$$ then they want to spend and verse visa!!!

Again, thank you!

Regards,

Franc Nguyen