cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep environments in synch when config is updated directly in prod?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation where configuration data for FX rates (tcode: S_BCE_68000174) is updated directly in the production environment.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation and what is the most common and practical way to update the Dev and QA environments to keep them all in synch?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the change is transportable and you could reverse it from Production back to DEV & QAS, why wouldn't you just do the config in DEV and transport it correctly?

There are some settings that are only configured in production; SAP has several OSS notes to address these (e.g. 38737, 77430, 356483, 396544, 538451).

See if those give you any ideas.... I'm not familiar specifically with FX rates or tcode S_BCE_68000174, but it's probably similar to something described above. Looks like it's the same as OB08 (maint. exchange rates) based on note 887340. If so, it's referenced specifically in note 77430.

Rich

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are talking abt a one time or a periodic(One in 6 months or yearly) thing then you can do a config only client copy from PRD to QA and DEV.

- Guru

Rewrd points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually this is a config update that is done every month and I don't really want to do a client copy just to update one setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I would suggest you export the transport request(Which contains the config changes) from your production system in to a file and import it in your Quality and Dev systems.

- Guru

Reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this common, to create transports in production and move them to QA and Dev?

I guess I have to make changes to my transport route to allow this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No this is not common at all. I've nto seen anyone do a reverse transport.

BTW. You dont have to make any changes to the transport route as its a manual process. You can ask the basis guys to expot and import the transport request for you.

Please close the thread if it has answered your question.

- Guru

Reward points for helpful answers

Message was edited by:

Guruprasad Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks. I'm the basis guy but I don't like the idea of doing a reverse transport.

I was just wondering how most companies handle this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. This was what we did in one of the projects. But that was a one time thing and not on a regular basis.

- Guru

Please colse the thread if your question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm going to leave the thread open for a bit to see if anyone else has a suggestion.