cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing the preview ->Troubleshooting Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to install the new preview of WAS Abap.

At the end of the installation I got an error 601 and 200.

I read the Troubleshooting Guide for NW2004s ABAP Trial Version , followed the instructions, but still the same errors occure with java exceptions.

I cannot find a post which java sdk should be installed, I have installed 1.4.2_12 and failed also using the 1.4.2_08 version before.

Does anybody know which java version is supported or needed?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You're talking about the ABAP Trial Version, right?

For this version you don't need any JDK. The installer comes with an own Java engine which is extracted and used during the installation process.

Perhaps you try it without any JDK installed.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Klaus

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...

yes i was talking about the Trial version, because the question is about the trial version(see title : Error installing the preview )

As i said earlier, it doesn' t matter how many types of JDK you have installed, you just need to point the JAVA_HOME to the correct one.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for helping.

I tried several installations of the jdk, always setting the JAVA_HOME variable and the PATH to bin folder. I also tried to install the preview without an installed jdk, because I have recognized that there is an JRE 1.5.* is temporarily (I´m not sure if its temporarily but the installer fails uninstalling (=error log, 200)) installed.

I´m installing the preview on a windows xp pro machine which is a virtual machine,

the installations of the preview and the jdk etc. are always the first applications installed on these virtual machines.

I think there is something wrong with the files I have downloaded from sap SDN, because the extraction fails with an error. Notice: this excration error occurs any time I extract the rar. file 1, and I treid to download it several times.

I run the extracting process again and post the error message later.

any questions or any information needed?

thanks

thomas

the exctraction error is:

german: CRC fehlgeschlagen in "SAPNW2004sABAPTRAIL"imageloadload_datasave.gz Die Datei ist beschädigt. means:

CRC failed in "SAPNW2004sABAPTRAIL"imageloadload_datasave.gz the file is damaged.

the java exceptions out of the log (complete error log)

the log is under C:/sap/ (PREVIEW!)

(Jan 11, 2007 5:00:05 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, CheckServicesAction(bean17): Expected service (SAPNSP_00) is not currently running

(Jan 11, 2007 5:00:05 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:SAPNSPlog.txt for details.

(Jan 11, 2007 5:00:05 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

at com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction.install(CheckServicesAction.java:91)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Jan 11, 2007 5:05:13 PM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:SAPNSPlog.txt for details.

(Jan 11, 2007 5:05:13 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = )

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = )

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

Message was edited by:

Thomas Uhl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after downloading the files again, the extraction finishes without an error.

But the installation is still failing. the Log:

(Jan 18, 2007 11:40:28 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:sapdbNSPlog.txt for details.

(Jan 18, 2007 11:40:28 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOKUME1/ADMINI1.SAP/LOKALE~1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

STACK_TRACE: 22

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/DOKUME1/ADMINI1.SAP/LOKALE~1/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:193)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)

Sounds like the database installation is failing, does anyone have an idea what is wrong (configuration?)?

There is no sap system NSP in our net. There arre several sap installations (S00 J2E with maxdb´s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

seems as the extraction error was responsible for the installation errors.

Ignoring the latest error and re-install the preview:

Installation succesfull

Thanks for helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got the same errors during installation. Installation tries to start some services at 100%. Thereafter all files will be deleted.

The extraction of the two files (1,5gb + 1,25gb) finished without any error. I read that error 601 means that another sap-install was found. But that's impossible. It's a new VM with Win XP SP2 installation (only MS loopback adapter is installed). OS on c:, SAP on d:.

What could be the problem?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you extracted all two parts?

As I remember you

only

have to extract the part1 with 1.5gb- the extracted files contain files out of part1 and part2. This may be the problem.

In my case the error 601 occured also, but the host was a vm, and has never been used before, this error message seem to be misleading!

Is your actual user part of the local administrators group? (but I think you must be because you reached the 100%:))

Any error messages left in the installation folder?

As I remember, don´t ask me why, SAP installations should run on the OS partition (it is possible to install the db instance on another partition) ,

but it may be that the trial is working anyway, because in this case the error should occur in an earlier stadium.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What java exceptions occured? Have a look at the log files in folder ...\sapinst_instdir.

Regards

daniel

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would suggest going with 1.4.2_09, the only reason is that that is what I have and the installation runs fine for me. Just know that 1.5.XX is not supported for this installation.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sounds a little bit indifferent, or sap typical?

The problem/error occurs if I install the preview on:

Win XP Pro Machine, domain access, user: domain admin, static IP- adress, dhcp server is available, none of the required ports is in use etc.

the installation fails with the errors 200 and 601 with installed

jdk 1.4.2_08

jdk 1.4.2_09

jdk 1.4.2_10

jdk 1.4.2_12

jdk 1.5.09

jdk 1.5.10

no jdk

RAM is 1536 MB (45 GB free space on file system)

The machines are new installed vm-clons, so no old installation is existing, neither on local machines nor in the domain!

???

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You can have multiple JDKs installed, however while installing you need to supply JAVA_HOME environment variable and make it point to the correct version.

I could do the J2ee 5.5 trial using JDK 1.5 , i guess i could do the ABAP version too...

you can try both and let us know.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that you are on windows, you can download the latest jdk from SUN website, I have JDK Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_10-b03).

I suggest that you restart your installation after cleaning up the existing installation as per the troubleshooting guide.

Regards,

Siddhesh