Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I installed on a SuSE Linux 9.3 for 86_64 a SAP NetWeaver 04 :

SAP WAS 6.40

MaxDB 7.5

upgrade to the MaxDB 7.5 for 86_64

problem:

I can't work with SE11 and SE16. SAP tells me that the table is not existing.

Trying to activate the table gives me an error that tells that the table is not able to

activate.

The system tells me that the table sflight is not available on the database, but if I

procede a simple ABAP with a select statement the table is filled with correct data from sflight.

I check all points in environment and it seemed to okay.

system :

Betriebssystem : Linux

Maschinen-Typ : x86_64

Servername : SAPLinux_NW4_00

platform : 390

database : MaxDB

Release : 7.5.0.031

kernel release : 640

compliation : Linux GNU SLES-9 x86

patch level : 98

ABAP-load : 1521

CUA-load : 15

Mode : opt

DB Client Lib : SAP 7.5.0.031

DBReleases : MaxDB 7.5.0

DBSL Version : 640.00

DBSL Patch-level : 093

OP-Release : 2.6.11.4-21.15-default

Is there somebody how have all so problems like I have?

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Ernst,

actually I haven't seen anyling like this before, but mixing 32-Bit SAP binaries and libraries with 64-Bit Database binaries and libraries may lead to unforeseen problems.

Three things may help:

1) I would suggest to also use 64-Bit SAP binaries and libraries. You can download them from here:

http://service.sap.com/patches

-> Entry by Application Group

-> Additional Components

-> SAP Kernel

-> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT

-> SAP KERNEL 6.40 64-BIT

-> Linux on x86_64 64bit

There are two packages available which you need:

• Database independet: SAPEXE_155-10003354.SAR

• SAPDB: SAPEXEDB_155-10003357.SAR

Don't throw you old binaries away. Simply rename the old exe folder, create a new one and unpack the archives there.

2) Another interesting question is, how did you upgrade the MaxDB? Did you use SDBUPD which is recommended? This tool is needed because it verifies the structure of the database after the update!

3) Maybe the SAP nametab has some wrong content. Try to repopulate the nametabs with:

dipgntab -rwr40 -srctt DDNTT -srctf DDNTF -dsttt DDNTT -dsttf DDNTF -ttonly TT >dipgntab.log

and check dipgntab.log for errors afterwards.

Cheers,

Hannes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_sachs2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

just in case anyone comes across this thread, here are some more details on that issue:

- It is possible to upgrade the september 2004 testdrive "SAP Netweaver TESTDRIVE SR1" (#50070260):

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/linux/NW4_x86_64_Update.run

(see also https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/42dbc4a9-0401-0010-5091-c680531e... or search for "testdrive" in "downloads")

Executing this file as root will result in an upgrade of the MaxDB software and the SAP kernel to 64bit x86_64 architecture

- However, it seems that the MaxDB system tables are not upgraded within that update process. To accomplish that, the following command needs to be executed (i.e. as nw4adm):

<i>dbmcli -d NW4 -u control,control load_systab -u superdba,admin -ud domain</i>

(see also SAP note #129352)

After that procedure, all tables are present again in SE11 or SE16. Transaction DB02 does not show any missing tables any more (click on the "Checks" button to get a refresh)

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a total reinstallation of SAP Netweaver 04 Testdrive (Download from SAP page) the installation works.

I didn't used the CD from SAP.

Now the SAP system runs in 32 bit mode, but it works with all functions on a SuSE Linux 9.3 86_64. After I get an image of the thing I will try to update to 86_64 version again. (I know never change a running system)

Thanks for help to Hannes