cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

Could anyone help me in defining CC for sender.

i think i need to specify transport protocol as FTP and message protocol as File.

But i dont understand how XI will add namespace and other ns values to the source XML.

hope to get some valuable response from XI masters

thanks

manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

If the file is being pickedup is not on the same server or not been able to access using network shared drives, then you use FTP as protocol. then you need to give FTP server IP address(the server on which files reside), port (21 always), username, password for that system.

>>But i dont understand how XI will add namespace and other ns values to the source XML

what do you mean by that? XI will not add any names spaces to source XML and it just reads the file and maps into the structure you have defined(i mean message type). XI doesnt even support XML validation.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for this :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2769. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

If this is useful Reward points.

Regards,

JE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hey everyone,

>

> Could anyone help me in defining CC for sender.

> i think i need to specify transport protocol as FTP

> and message protocol as File.

>

> But i dont understand how XI will add namespace and

> other ns values to the source XML.

>

> hope to get some valuable response from XI masters

>

> thanks

> manish

Hi Mansih,

If you are using FTP service to pick up XML from remote server then only u need to use FTP protocol.IF you XML is in the same server then you need to use NFS protocol.

Check out this blog for File to Proxy step by step procedure

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Check this weblog which will clear all your doubts on how the message is being processed in XI:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

---Satish