Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing KPRO for an external Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!

Could you help us about this problem .

We need to install document's archiving onto a external Content Server (product Documentum), using KPRO.

We have customized thus :

OAC0 : Content Repository = Z1 for DMS ( DocArea) and version 045.

CSADMIN : We receive the message HTTP command adminContRep (operation configGet) is not possible for Z1 (only as of 0046) when we validate .

OACT : (Maintain category) , Z1 is affected to SOFFHTTP .

SKPR08: Categories for physical doc classes , the category SOFFHTTP is affected to the class SOFFHIO.

With the transaction CV01N , used to create a FID and to join a document , we receive the following error when we try to archive the document :

"Error during the archiving of D:\Carte..".

Nevertheless we can find the joined document onto the server Documentum.

Do we forget a customizing ??? Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had this error as well....

ERROR: Read Error During PC Upload.

I solved the probelm by hitting the SEND CERTIFICATE BUTTON on Transaction CSADMIN

I hope this solves the problem for other people as well...

Best Regards,

Robert J. Bellas

SAP Analyst

ProMinent Fluid Controls, Inc.

jean-paul_schmit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use IXOS / OpenText for archiving documents. In order to get SOFFPHIO documents stored on a dedicated Ixos pipeline, we create a specific category via OACT

ZSOFFPHIO / SAP office doc / ARCHLINK / F1 (our Ixos content repository)

When this is created we change the storage category for SOFFPHIO IN SDOKPHCL table, we put ZSOFFPHIO as stor_cat.

You have to enter the value directly in the table as the classic solution via SKPR08 is not working.

And it's working fine. No need to disable signature in OAC0 for the content repository.

Hope this will help you.

jp

0 Kudos

Hi Sooriya,

I am also looking for same kind of stuff where I need to configure external repositories in OAC0. What kind of RFC should be used? What method did u used to configure repositoties ?

Regards

GOpal Jaiswal

jaiswal_g@yahoo.com

0 Kudos

Hello

in case you are using third-party content server, i would recommend to refer to the supplier in question.

Different solutions are available with RFC or HTTP connections mode.

I would recommend you use a Certified (by SAP) third-party content server solution, you can find a list of them on:

http://www.sap.com/partners/directories/SearchSolution.epx

choose in Certification Category "HTTP Content Server" (SAP recommends this mode as it will integrate transparently in your scenario whether the end-user is on SAP Gui, SAP Portal or other web enabled scenarios(involving also certified suppliers).

0 Kudos

Hi Sooriya...

We want to use content server given by SAP and which comes with R/3. I am looking for configure of content server and attching external repositories with it.

Regards

GOpal Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration guide is available on the same CD that your software is on.

Otherwise look here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/400a0694-0701-0010-3a8f-c1a9b6af...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also did the same customizing for storing the KPro documents in external server . We are using IXOS server. After customizing, when we are trying to attach a document, we are getting an error " Read error during PC upload

Include file in PC application"

What could be the reason for this? If you have solved the issue, please share it with us?

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

We are also getting the same error, when we try to attch a document in SAP Office mail.The error " <b>Read error during PC upload

Include file in PC application"</b>.

Please let me know how to solve this error.

Thanks,

Suren.

0 Kudos

Hello please

check whether your external content server can connect with SAP solution via HTTP or via RFC (most of external partner content server uses RFC connection)

Best Regards

/Sooriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have reviewed each configuration and made these changes:

OAC0 Warning: No signature not checked

CSADMIN: ctr signature not checked

OACT: We create a new category an affected to our repository

The main changes were the uncheked boxes for OAC0 et CSADMIN.

After this modification , the following problem occurs :

When whe want to modify a document which was archived from a workstation, it runs only for the archive's creator. For the other people, it doesn't find the original location, unless we create the same original location, or we change the original location.

0 Kudos

Hello

i don't know the version of SAP ERP you're using but nevertherless you should bear in mind this detail:

CSADMIN: "digital signature" not checked means you are not using it.

OAC0:"No signature" SHOULD be checked if you are not using it (to be consistent with CSADMIN)

However i am not sure this is solely responsible of your errors; in case of SAP content server, if it works for one user, it will work for the others.

Please be more clearer in your last part ???

Do you mean only the user having done the check-in of the file who can afterwards access the original (in display and change) ?

what do you mean by "For the other people, it doesn't find the original location" and also by "unless we create the same original location, or we change the original location".

In case of SAP Content Server, we don't care about "location", whether the file comes initially from a fileserver X or Y or Z, as far as the file has been correctly checked-in the content server, it should be accessible for anybody (as far as user rights allow it)

regards

/Sooriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am getting the issue when attaching a document through GOS:

"Read error during PC upload

Include file in PC application"

The Content server is functioning properly. I have made the recommended setting in SKPR08 for moving SOFFPHIO to the KPRO storage category. I have also made sure the content repository SOFFDB is pointing to the correct content server through OACT.

Anyone able to solve this issue? All thoughts and help appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

We have SAP ECC 6.0 and are looking at adding document management modules. I am inquiring on SAP’s document management. I'm looking for a qualified implementer.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Todd

Programmer/Analyst

Lansing Board of Water & Light

Lansing, MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had the problem "ERROR: Read Error During PC Upload." and I had pushed Send certificate BUT I had forgotten to activate it. I then activated it with t-code CSADMIN - Pick the rep. - tab: Certificates - push change - select cert - click on Activate

Then it worked!

Br Linus Hellsing