Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI doesn't return an xml file

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've made a scenario using XI 3.0. I use a file adapter with an inbound synchronous interface to send a xml file to XI. XI consumes a function from CRM using a RFC adapter and an outbound synchronous interface. I've setted "Best Effort" as quality of service too.

The xml file arrives correctly to CRM and CRM returns the BAPI result to XI correctly too. The problem is XI doesn't return the xml file which it should, that's to say, the xml file sent by XI isn't in the specified target directory (using an inbound synchronous interface and a XI adapter).

Could someone explain me what happens?

Thanks in advance,

Samantha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

bad news: File Adapter is always asynchronous, cant get any response. And if you use an interface to send data it is an outbound interface.

To realize your business logic you must use BPM like

file (outbound asynchronous) -> BP (abstract asynchronous)

BP (abstract synchronous) <-> CRM (inbound synchronous)

BP (abstract asynchronous) -> file (inbound asynchronous)

Regards,

Udo

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

In the business logic which you told me, can I use a SOAP adapter instead of file adapter?

SOAP (outbound asynchronous) -> BP (abstract asynchronous)

BP (abstract synchronous) <-> CRM (inbound synchronous)

BP (abstract asynchronous) -> SOAP (inbound asynchronous)

Thanks again,

Samantha.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charmantha

yes, you can. But SOAP supports synchronous messages as well, so 4 SOAP you may not need BPM. Of coz you can only connect WebServices, not files.

Regards,

Udo

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samantha,

Can you check in SXMB_MONI whether you have any errors in the flow of request message or in the response message. Also please see the communicaiton channel monitoring for the corresponding communicaiton channels whether there are any errors on them?

---Satish

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Satish,

In SXMB_MONI there aren't errors in the request or response, but in the adapter monitoring the XI adapter doesn't appear...

Thanks,

Samantha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you using file adapter for synchronous purpose it dont support as udo mentioned.

---Satish

samantha_nez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.