Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diff. between PPF and OUTPUT TYPES

nivaskumar2
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

can anybody tell the exact diff. bet.PPF and OUTPUT TYPES.

ppf is the advance method of output types.

could anybody pls explain breifly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Post Processing Framework allows you to process actions for different output types such as printing, sending emails, or faxing using Smart Forms. Since SAP applications work on the document concept (i.e., they generate documents for key business events or processes), they can also trigger a workflow or user exit to perform functions based on the conditions you configure. This technology replaces the output control in R/3 with a wider functional scope that is simple to maintain, use, and connect to another SAP system, a non-SAP system, or any other subsystem.

Post Processing Framework (PPF) technology is a uniform interface available since SAP R/3 Enterprise Release 4.7. Part of the SAP Web Application Server (Web AS), PPF can trigger workflow for email, fax, and print, or can call another method, such as sending data to another subsystem. The actions are based on the conditions that you configure.

PPF has tools for scheduling, starting, and monitoring actions. Determining, generating, and processing actions can either take place automatically or with user interaction. A condition trigger could be a preset condition the system can look for, such as a price higher than a certain amount, or it could be based on a user action, such as an approval in the case of workflow.

I’m going to show you how to set up actions that trigger application documents. The system supplies some samples, so you can use Copy with Reference and make your own changes to predefined configurations, or you can take the approach of creating your configuration from scratch using the wizard. I’ll explain the two methods:

Create and modify PPF directly in the Web AS configuration in the application area. I’ll start with the customizing steps, as they explain the configuration from the application point of view.

Create a PPF definition using the wizard, a quick setup tool that focuses on the technical setup of the PPF. Using a wizard, you get the same results in terms of the technical settings for the PPF configuration as if you had used the configuration steps directly. The wizard provides application area detail and pre-populated information and it is the best practice. It can help when you create a new action that differs widely from those you already have.

The wizard, however, helps you perform the definition only — you must do other associated configurations directly in the application area.

Visit the below link for more info..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/b3/58bf39f7568648e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards

Suresh