cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance on Idoc Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've ordered Michael Idoc book, but I have a question about mapping and data structures for creating a MATMAS05 Idoc.

My input is a file, keyed by the item number. It has 4 separate measurement on the file. One of the measurements would be the base unit of measure and would map to the E1MARAM. Each record in the file is a new E1MARAM (I've imported the xsd adding the maxOccurs).

The additonal units of measure on the file would need to be mapped to the leaf segment E1MARMM if present.

So how can I map a structure that has only one node (the input) to the output with one root node and multiple leaf nodes. Do I have to break the input structure's extra units of measure fields into an array of leaf nodes so I have a 1:1 mapping to the MATMAS05 E1MARMM structure.

For Example

Input Structure

<row>

<part>

<uom1>

<weight>

<uom2>

<weight2>

<uom3>

<weight3>

etc.

</row>

Idoc (Target)

<E1MARAM>

<item>

<UOM1> (not the real name)

<E1MARMM>

<UON2>

<WEIGHT2>

</E1MARMM>

<E1MARMM>

<UOM3>

<WEIGHT3>

</E1MARMM>

</IDOC>

Thank you in advance for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

nothing special is necessary

in the target structure you just need to create double segment (right click menu)

and map all 4 units to 4 segments

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

So, it I understand you, I should duplicate the node on the target side (4 times). In the graphical mapping I would see 4 occurrance of the segment E1MARMM. The I can map the first measurement values to the first E1MARMM node, the second measurement values to the second node, etc.

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>So, it I understand you, I should duplicate the node on the target side (4 times). In the graphical mapping I would see 4 occurrance of the segment E1MARMM.

exactly

right click on the target message segmment and you can see this function there

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wonderful!

Points awarded. Now these assignments may be conditional (not all 4 measurements may be taken, but I should be able to test for that and use createIf function)

I'm looking forward to getting your book.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

by "doubling" those segments it doesn't mean they all have to be created

of course

>>>>I'm looking forward to getting your book.

hope you will like it:)

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)