cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please could someone help me. I have created a web dynpro that allows users to modify there details.

I am trying to set the accessibility feature with the below code but for some reason it is not being changed.

IUserFactory userFactory = UMFactory.getUserFactory();

IUserMaint userMaint = userFactory.getMutableUser(iUser.getUniqueID());

userMaint.setAccessibilityLevel(1);

When i use userMaint.getAccessibilityLevel() the correct value is retrieved.

Many thanks for your help

Calvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Calvin,

what do you want to achieve? If you want that the user can change some settings, for example to hide an InputField, this is known as personalization and works only on the SAP NetWeaver Portal. Accessibility means to make a business application available to those users who are dependent on technical support of various kinds due to disabilities. That's another issue, and you won't see any changes if you set the level, but you probably would if you use a screen reader for example

kind regards

Stefanie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Calvin,

this does not work, because you cannot change the accessibility settings during runtime of an application.

Kind Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie

Thanks for the reply.

All i want to do is allow the user to maintain his/her details and set the Accessibility feature. If i use userMaint.getAccessibilityLevel() to get the current Accessibility of the user it returns the correct value (i.e. 0).

However when i try change the Accessibility of the user with userMaint.setAccessibilityLevel(1); it is not changed.

I am not expecting to see any change, only the check box (Activate Accessibility Feature) in personalisation should be ticked and it is not.

any help on why my code is not working would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Calvin