cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in exporting data to Excel from WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to transport data to Excel using the WebDynpro Binary Cache. The table data I have has certain special characters like & , < and > . I get an XML Parse error while trying to retrieve the XML List from the Binary Cache. The detailed error is Whitespace is not allowed. If table data is without these special characters Excel Export happens fine.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I have tried the same thing and trust me jxl is the best solution for this. I have implemented the same in four places and all are running excellent. Morover, jxl is having more options to go with. I suggest you check this web blog and implement the same.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4210] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same error message and find the solution (knowing that this is an old thread, but maybe in future it can helps someone)

I've changed my TableUtilities class (getting from this excellent blog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/04/enhancing-tables-in-webdynpro-java-150-custom-built-table-utilities), adding the CDATA Element

Method: DownloadToExcel

for (int j = 0;j<columnInfos.size();j++)

{

String attributeName = (String)columnInfos.get(j);

xml_file.append("<")

.append(attributeName)

.append(">")

.append("<![CDATA[")

.append(elem.getAttributeValue(attributeName))

.append("]]>")

.append("</")

.append(attributeName)

.append(">\n");

}

xml_file.append("</")

.append(_nodename)

.append("Element>\n");

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Christopher,

thanks for this information. I now also implemented your tip in my Excel Export wiki tutorial: [ Web Dynpro Java - Exporting Table Data Using On-Demand Streams - SAP NW 7.0|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/0mQ].

Also many thanks to Bharathwaj R and his very good Web Dynpro table blog.

Regards, Bertram

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Bala,

look at this WebLog from Subramanian Venkateswaran: <a href="/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2006/08/16/exporting-table-data-to-ms-excel-sheetenhanced-web-dynpro-binary-cache table data to MS-Excel Sheet(enhanced Web Dynpro Binary Cache)</a>.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you post your code here...coz..

i am finding the same thing

or email me

tyrian2uk@yahoo.co.uk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can get over this problem using the XML List method.

So I implemented this excel export using the jxl API.

U have some good blogs on this. Try doing the same.

Thanks,

Bala