cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User XISUPER - Post installation issues for XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Thanks for help on previous post. I'm currently having problems getting access to the J2EE engine with the XISUPER and other XI users that were created during the install.

I set up the SISUPER users in the relevant XI client, assigning the relevant roles - I can log in with it through SAPGUI but cannot log into go or offlineconfigtool with it. J2ee has been restarted numerous times. The user does get locked in SU01 when I try to access it from go or he offlineconfigtool -

Is there some piece of config missing ? Does J2EE need to have this user set up somewhere also ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Conor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Yes - I have logged on through the GUI with XISUPER and it is fine.

It is when I try to use the online administration tool (go from the j2ee/admin directory)

Conor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually you should use user J2EE_ADMIN there....

Did you try that?

XISUPER does not have all authorisations though it looks like that at first sight.

XISUPER is usually used for the web login in the browser options, not in the JAVA Virtual Administrator...

Björn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses one and all - the Adminstrator user is fine and I was incorrect in stating that I would be using the XI SUPER user to access the visual administrator.

Yes the issue resides in attempting to log onto web based elements of XI - namely the SLD and the integration engine - XISUPER appears to be set up fine in SU01 but for some reason, I'm having problems with it in the aforementioned url's.

Does anyone know if there are additional security settings for this user - I'm probably going to delete and recreate the user and restart SAP and the J2ee engine but does anyone else have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Conor

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see you use the Visual Administrator tool. For information how to log on to the J2EE Engine using it, see Administration Manual -> Server Administration -> J2EE Engine Administration Tools -> Visual Administrator -> Logging on to the J2EE Engine.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ec/fc0e0c8043bc4da2f29297ccb48fd9/frameset.htm).

You should use the Administrator user / password you created during the installation of the J2EE Engine.

You can also create additional connection entry for your login. See Creating a New Connection Entry.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/06472c8c7e4d60abffdfff3eb1050f/frameset.htm).

Hope that helps,

Jordan

Message was edited by: Jordan Stanchev

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to login through the SAPGUI with each XIuser once if it is to be used as a dialog user.

Did you do that?

Which offline configtool are you trying to use?

Björn