cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update values in Adobe form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have made one webdynpro application in which i have made my forms in PDF. I am entering Sales document number in one of the field in PDF form, and by pressing Submit to SAP button on PDF form, It executes bapi and retrieves status information about that sales document. Now i want to display this status information on same PDF form. I got proper data from SAP R/3 and i can manage to display these data on page outside the PDF form, but i can't show these data in PDF form.

Is there any proceture to update values in PDF forms?

Thanks in advance.

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put InteractiveForm in a single view ,where binding node is changed,

using view.resetView() in wdDoModifyView.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Can you please tell me what are the prerequisites to develop adobe interactive form. Here I have developed one application using adobe form. The problem I am facing here is when I click the submit button nothing happened, means the code in the onSubmit button is not executing. I am able to edit the form but I am not able to send the entered data to the BAPI. And also one more question, in my interactive form view I did not find the button named "Submit to SAP" here I am using the standard button, how to get the button "Submit to SAP"?.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I want to call a bapi to create a sales order with an Interactive form.

Can you advise/give me some tips what to do? I only created a small webdynpro application so my experience is not very big.

Can you help me a hand?

Harrie

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harrie,

You'll need to create a WD Adaptive RFC model to your back-end system, then you can expose these context values to your interactive form.

You can test without interactive form first, when you get familiar how to access BAPIs with WD, you can extend the project with Adobe forms.

Kind regards, Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Angel,

I will first build a WD which accesses a BAPi without

a interactive form. I already have an example so that will do it.

Cheers,

Harrie

StefanBeck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

there should be no magic for getting data updated within the PDF. There is a known bug within stack 9, but beginning from stack 10, we expect that this works fine according to our tests. So changing the context during the roundtrip will automatically update the data in the form. Is it possible to use stack 10? If you're using stack 10, then open an OSS message and we will have a look at it.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I am getting PDF form properly in browser with no values in the fields as it should be. And i have provided one User entered field, When user enters sales order number in that field and presses the submit to sap button other fields rerlated with sales order status information should be displayed with the values related with that sales order number. But after pressing Submit to SAP button i didnt get values in other fields.

Method for Submit to SAP button is also called properly. Even i can see the status information in fields outside the PDF form in Browser.

So, parheps i think that whenever PDF form loads first time in browser, at that time it shows the values in the context variable. But after first load nothing is changed in that PDF form evenif the context values are changed.

Is it true?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible that you have to change the "mode" property of your Interactive Form? In the case you want to retrieve data from your PDF you must set "usePdf" and if you want to provide data to the PDF you should use "updateDataInPdf". You can bind the mode property to the context and change it at runtime.

Please correct me if i´m wrong.

regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I am facing the same problem. Did you get any solution?

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zeller,

I have also tried with your tip. But still getting the same result. Can we create UI elements in PDF form dynamically or not? And if you have sample code to generate PDF form dynamically, then please give it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I would like to know if you are not getting any PDF display or getting an empty display in the pdf fields.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeller,

I have WAS SP 10. You have given 2 issues. Please elaborate first issue. And i canget result if i am displaying result in the new view with new PDF form. But it doesn't work for the same PDF form.

How and where i have to unbind the data for PDF form as you suggested in first issue?

I am waiting for your reply...

Thanks in advance.

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

in NetWeaver Developer Studio/Web Dynpro Perspective when you select the "Interactive Form" Element in the Outline Pane you can set form properties, incl. Data Source, enabled, height, etc.

One property is called PDF source. Typically this needs to be bound to a (binary) context element.

Delete that binding and see if the update works now.

In general it should also work with the binding, so either you have found a bug or there is a configuration issue (if you cannot get it to work with this tip I suggest logging a CSN message.

Cheers

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

In theory what you described should work. Once the context gets updated the form should show the refreshed values.

Which SP of the Web AS are you using?

Here are two ideas to workaround this issue:

1) Do you need the PDF on the server or do you just require the XML data from the form? If you are using SP10 or above you can delete the PDF binding in the properites of the Interactive Forms element inside the layout view. Doing that only XML is exchanged between PDF form and the Web Dynpro application. This will probably fix your issue and speed up the performance (response times)

2) In order to force a refresh you could switch to a new view after the data has been updated on the server.

Cheers

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

Thanks for the help. But i have done all these things. I mentioned in previous post that same values are displayed outside pdf form properly but it can't shown inside the PDF form. I can't find any methods to take these values in my PDF form.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I think for capturing data from the PDF form u already have a context node and its attributes bound to the InteractiveForm Object. So for showing the bapi output create a model node under that node. Create the model attributes you want to show in the form. The same thing has to be created in the component/custom controller context also. Then map the view context model attributes to component/custom context model attributes and again component/custom context model attributes to model nodes and attributes. So whenever your model nodes will be populated with response data the component model nodes and in turn the view model node will be automatically populated. You just have to place these model attributes (drag & drop) on your pdf form.

Hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip