Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and user authentication VS R/3 systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi *,

I'm trying to configure this kind of scenario:

1) user xyz sends a request to a web service, which is exposed by XI via its outbound interface

2) XI performs all the necessary mapping stuff and via the routing procedure identifies the right inbound interface to contact.

3) the inbound interface, via an RFC adapter, connects to an R/3 system in order to write a purchase order.

4) RFC response is retrived via XI pipeline to the outbound response interface

Problem: maybe xyz has not enough permission to create the purchase order, moreover the standard BAPI, which is involved in this procedure, performs an authorization check on the logged on user.

how can R/3 system know that xyz is the user that would like to perform the purchase order creation and then correctly check xyz permissions?

I have configured, since is mandatory, into the RFC adapter, a logon user but it shouldn't be the same that performs the web service request, in this case xyz.

Any hints?

Many thanks

Cheers

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is to write the user in the request messages.

So you can check the user on XI in proxy or mapping.

When the user has no permissions so the XI sends no request to R/3.

Other idea is to configure for every user a Communication Channel and diffrent Business Receiver Systems. So the XI will read the user from message and send this to the Business System with the user specific Communication Channel.

But i think the first idea is the better one

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Time and Support Stacks have passed since February but the problem stays the same. This basically is about end-to-end authentication/authorization and is a MUST for every "user interface to XI to system" scenario. In the light of SOX no application can do without. Is there any other support than including the userid in the payload or the new 'Assigned Users' feature in the service -which is basically no support? Or is there anything in the pipeline re this. Any input appreciated.

Regards,

Steffen